06-24-2015 09:29 PM
44 12
tools
    So, i have been talking about this since it came up on DEV PREVIEW. But now GDR2 is officially out for multiple phones, multiple carriers, countries etc. so..... i made this little "bitchy" video about what i consider the worst bug ever.

SELECTING PHOTOS super lag! (i've tried this on 730/725/1520 and now 830) Same on all devices no matter how many times you try to re-install and re-boot (hard/soft).

Why haven't they solved this????

PS: Please excuse my Kevin Spacey'esque kinda ending, been watching to much "H.O.C".

Skulls138 and noersetiawan like this.
    06-22-2015 11:11 PM
    I have the same issue on my 1520.3.
    06-22-2015 11:22 PM
    Are any of these phones running officially pushed OTA GDR2???
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-22-2015 11:30 PM
    Yes.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-22-2015 11:54 PM
    Are any of these phones running officially pushed OTA GDR2???
    Heck even the 640 has it out of the box :) So...
    Last edited by baandoptager; 06-23-2015 at 09:50 AM.
    06-23-2015 12:05 AM
    I didn't see a 640 on your list. I wonder as so many got Update 2 through manipulating Insider. Just trying to see what we can do to identify a commonality in addition to Update 2
    xandros9 and TechFreak1 like this.
    06-23-2015 08:51 AM
    Don't worry, it'll be fixed in Windows 10.......
    06-23-2015 09:08 AM
    Don't worry, it'll be fixed in Windows 10.......
    I doubt that i will be on Windows phones when that time comes...Oh wait, sorry Windows metro compact vista mobile + ;)
    06-23-2015 09:51 AM
    I didn't see a 640 on your list. I wonder as so many got Update 2 through manipulating Insider. Just trying to see what we can do to identify a commonality in addition to Update 2

I actually upgraded my old 735 (which wasnt that old) to a Lumia 640 which is the worse thing i ever did. That phone was half baked to say the least. After that i jumped the 830. Got GDR2 offered OTA yesterday, figured why not, it might work. But no!!!!! It was still the same crap-fest they showed us almost 6 months ago. Now i'm thinking i wanna sell it, cuz i don't wanna spend another couple of hours trying top go back on GDR1.

Ufff, i'm so tired of Windows Phone..... i wanna stay, but i just don't feel like it anymore, such a hassle. The great big beta test apparently wasn't over.

I don't know what i expected. I mean, they couldn't even make Live Lock Screen work! After a whole year!!!! A whole year!
    06-23-2015 09:55 AM
    I actually upgraded my old 735 (which wasnt that old) to a Lumia 640 which is the worse thing i ever did. That phone was half baked to say the least. After that i jumped the 830. Got GDR2 offered OTA yesterday, figured why not, it might work...
    Sorry... I don't know if there is some BLOG I'm supposed to be subscribed to to write down your device history???

Again: I can not know any facts that you don't write down. It is poor form to assume we (the readers) automatically know things you have not put in this thread, like ownership of a 640 which has Update 2 official. You never stated how any of the other phones came by Update 2. The post by Skulls138 implies he has Update 2 on his 1520.3 and I know that Update 2 has not come to that device officially as I have it for my daily driver...
    06-23-2015 11:56 AM
    I actually upgraded my old 735 (which wasnt that old) to a Lumia 640 which is the worse thing i ever did. That phone was half baked to say the least. After that i jumped the 830. Got GDR2 offered OTA yesterday, figured why not, it might work. But no!!!!! It was still the same crap-fest they showed us almost 6 months ago. Now i'm thinking i wanna sell it, cuz i don't wanna spend another couple of hours trying top go back on GDR1.

Ufff, i'm so tired of Windows Phone..... i wanna stay, but i just don't feel like it anymore, such a hassle. The great big beta test apparently wasn't over.

I don't know what i expected. I mean, they couldn't even make Live Lock Screen work! After a whole year!!!! A whole year!
    You seem very upset and defeated. Maybe its time to move on from Windows phone. Using your phone should be enjoyable.
    06-23-2015 12:12 PM
    I checked on my 920 and 930 both on W10 10136 and select works instantaneously so it is solved in W10.

Now probably everyone has a different definition for "worst bug ever" (which is okay) but 3 seconds lag before you can select pictures is for me only a very slight annoyance.

I agree that this should not be in Update 2 but ......
    06-23-2015 12:45 PM
    Yes, select works great on 930 running W10TP 10136 though I don't consider that particular feature worth trying out a beta release for.
    Harrie-S, ven07 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-23-2015 02:18 PM
    Jesus.

I have a deformed back, bunions, a bulimic cat, and a job I dislike. I hadn't had a car my entire life until last month, I ran out of my medication, and I'm broke after paying my bills. Yet for all of these things put together I don't have half the resentment you harbor for a three second wait to select photos on your mobile device.

I did find your rant amusing. I'll give you that.

Sounds like you might be fed up with Windows Phone. Time to switch to Android, or iPhone, perhaps?

Edited to add that neither my 830 or my boyfriend's 830 do this. It's immediate. All photos selected in less than half a second.
    Last edited by holymell; 06-23-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    06-23-2015 07:15 PM
    Not sure what the OP is trying to accomplish with this thread.

I have the 640 and the select all pictures pops-up instantly.
    This seems a bit overboard as far as a complaint.
    06-23-2015 11:01 PM
    Not sure what the OP is trying to accomplish with this thread.

I have the 640 and the select all pictures pops-up instantly.
    This seems a bit overboard as far as a complaint.
    Not if u pay good money to have a good camera phone and you use it a lot. Doing this multiple times days creates and endless annoyance. And thats not all, when you take pictures (GDR2)... try taking 3 pictures in a row, go to yo photos folder and see if theyre there. On all GDR2 devices: If you took 3 photos, first one pops up, you have to back out, 2nd one pops up, back out and then the 3rd one is there.

It's ridiculous that MS is downgrading everything as they go along. Why is it a thing now and not the last 3-4 years. Because it's a bug and they don't care, apparently people don't care either which is why Android is a succes.

PS: So do you also think its approriate that the 640 Onscreen nav buttons dont rotate with the phone? (that should not be a thing either)
    06-24-2015 04:04 AM
    Jesus.

I have a deformed back, bunions, a bulimic cat, and a job I dislike. I hadn't had a car my entire life until last month, I ran out of my medication, and I'm broke after paying my bills. Yet for all of these things put together I don't have half the resentment you harbor for a three second wait to select photos on your mobile device.

I did find your rant amusing. I'll give you that.

Sounds like you might be fed up with Windows Phone. Time to switch to Android, or iPhone, perhaps?

Edited to add that neither my 830 or my boyfriend's 830 do this. It's immediate. All photos selected in less than half a second.

Can you prove it? I've tried 5 830's. It's all the same.
    06-24-2015 04:04 AM
    I don't have this issue on my Lumia 520 with 8.1 GDR 2.
    06-24-2015 04:10 AM
    Wow, I didn't even noticed it until this post :P
    I can confirm that selecting pictures is slower than update 1 on my lumia 730, but it takes +-1 second.
    Anyway W10m build 10136 doesn't have this issue so don't worry, in late 2015 your problem will be fixed!
    06-24-2015 06:36 AM
    It depends on how many pictures you have. It you have like a gazillion pictueres on your phone, it is going to take a while.

I have a frigging blu win hd and the delay is minimal. When I press the button it is like a 1 second delay, which I can live with.

However, what I noticed is that if I go to albums and go to an album with not much pictures, and press select. It happens instantly....

Keep in mind that when you press select on that main page, the phone is highlighting ALLLLLLLL the pictures in your phone...

Windows 10 is bringing a whole new photos app.... It's either you can wait or you can ride out.....

totally up to you...
    06-24-2015 06:39 AM
    You're going to have to live with this:

- Current Photo app cannot be updated without OS update
    - There are no more WP8.1 OS feature updates after GDR2. Focus is WM10
    - In WM10 this photo app does not exist. Photo app is entirely different Universal App
    - Therefore you'll get to enjoy the new Photo app and its oddities afresh
    - At least that can be updated much quicker to address issues like this
    06-24-2015 07:37 AM
    Maybe the OP is seeking validation {cough} views "{cough} that his / her experience is either normal or not (just giving the OP the benefit of a doubt).

Yes, I haven't watched the video as I would rather spend my time re-listening to the audio book - The Martian by Andy Weir and not some rant about a minuscle delay (yes, miniscule) .
    mary beth hale and xandros9 like this.
    06-24-2015 08:04 AM
    Can you prove it? I've tried 5 830's. It's all the same.
    5 830s plus 3 other phones you've listed so far. Just curious where are you getting all of these phones to check this photo select issue?
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    06-24-2015 08:27 AM
    You said this issue has been around since Dev Preview. Which my 830 has. And it doesn't do this despite having many photos.

Instant selection.

Are you sure you don't have a cheap SD card slowing down photo access or something?
    Guytronic, gmlongo and RumoredNow like this.
    06-24-2015 09:03 AM
    Quite the discussion...
    I guess I can understand the complaint if using a phone for work or some intense photographic pastime.

I'm happy overall with the camera features and performance on the 640 as a longtime photo hobbiest.
    To me cameras on phones are a useful convenience more than anything.

I hope the OP can find resolution from Microsoft or on a differing platform.

Posted from the ZenFone2 via the WC app for Android
    ven07, xandros9 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-24-2015 09:19 AM
44 12