Why isn't the audio recording on my Lumia 930?

onthetopoftheworld

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Audio not recording on Lumia 930

I recently encountered a problem that when recording video on my Lumia 930, it doesn't capture audio at all. I tried resetting the device using the Settings > about and Windows Recovery Tool. I did not restore the backup, hoping the settings will be on its default mode. I installed Lumia Camera Beta, Lumia Camera Classic, and even Microsoft Camera but to no avail.

However, I just found out that when my lumia's recording video (using Lumia Camera) on landscape orientation, it captures audio but on portrait it does not.

Cortana, speech (voice input in messaging) work just fine.
Shazam does not recognize the song playing, it keeps saying "didn't catch that" and third party voice recorder app does not capture sound too. OneNote also doesn't capture audio.

How weird is that? Is it some hardware fault, or clearly a bug?

Using Lumia 930 with 8.1 Denim,

Nikitt0

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Exaclty the same issue with my 930 (Windows 8.1) very expensive phone and with this problems I so regret getting rid of my HTC one M8 and buying this cell phone and to add to this I cannot use voice navigation because I live in Dom. Rep. so angry right now...Just other post on this webpage and there seems to be a persistent problem.

Now I want to get rid of this cell phone but in here nobody likes the OS. :unhappy::crying:

Ran Thompson

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
same prob i am having ever since i updated the device to windows 10 mobile preview. try rolling back too but same problem back on 8.1. am sorry the day i joined the insider program

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05