EE Cash on Tap - Haylp!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
So, the EE NFC payment system 'Cash on Tap' has been available for the Lumia 830 for a little while, as announced by an article on this very site. Now it is available for the Lumia 930! I have confirmed this on the EE web site and by talking to an EE support person over the phone.

But there is a problem. The EE instructions page is 100% Android focussed leaving WP owners to fend for themselves. Following the link to download the app goes to Google Play.

So, I have searched the WP store both on my phone and via my PC web browser for 'ee cash on tap', 'cash on tap', 'cash-on-tap', 'ee tap wallet', 'tap wallet' and 'ee tap' and I can find no sign of the app. Neither can the EE support person. They are investigating and will contact me back next week.

So, could any of you UK EE customers with an 830 who are using this system let me know how to get it working on a Windows Phone? If you have a link to the app in the store that would be ideal.

Please help, because this is likely to become very drawn out if I have to go back and forth to EE support whilst they investigate. So, if you've already been through the hoops let me in on the secret.

Ta Chums!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
They support some, including the 930 (if you go on their site & choose to see all the supported phones on the store it is listed) and they confirmed to me it is supported. I have spotted a clause buried in there that requires EE firmware on the phone to enable this feature though.

My phone is unbranded. Basically, you need a branded EE firmware. Not worth it.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
After a bit of searching it seems ANY phone has to have EE firmware on to work, there a lot of droid users who can't get it to work because of the wrong FW.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo