How to activate "Hey Cortana" on windows 640XL?

vishalsingh596

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I have buyed Windows 640XL (India).
Do there is facility to activate "hey Cortana" in this mobile.

The earphone which i receive there is no option to pick the call, can cortana help in picking up the call or is there any other feature?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Cortana is not available for that model.

Hey Cortana is a feature limited to devices with the higher-end Snapdragon 800 series chips in them such as the more expensive Lumia 1520, 930, HTC One M8 for Windows (although that one might not have it made)...

The 640XL packs a much more pedestrian Snapdragon 400.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey Cortana is not available for that model.

Hey Cortana is a feature limited to devices with the higher-end Snapdragon 800 series chips in them such as the more expensive Lumia 1520, 930, HTC One M8 for Windows (although that one might not have it made)...

The 640XL packs a much more pedestrian Snapdragon 400.

What you just said is not even close to being true.

Cortana will be available for EVERY Windows Phone running 8.1 GRD1 or higher. It is been released in alpha form in India as well.

I'm not sure why you are having trouble but try this:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IN/how-to/wp8/cortana/cortana-alpha

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
What you just said is not even close to being true.

Cortana will be available for EVERY Windows Phone running 8.1 GRD1 or higher. It is been released in alpha form in India as well.

I'm not sure why you are having trouble but try this:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IN/how-to/wp8/cortana/cortana-alpha

If only you understood the answer. He said HEY Cortana is not available on 640 XL, which is every bit true.
Cortana is available, as you said, on every device with 8.1 update. HEY Cortana is a different method of activating Cortana which is not available on devices running on a lower processor than 800.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If only you understood the answer. He said HEY Cortana is not available on 640 XL, which is every bit true.
Cortana is available, as you said, on every device with 8.1 update. HEY Cortana is a different method of activating Cortana which is not available on devices running on a lower processor than 800.
You are correct.

To jefbeard911, please see this article that explains what Hey Cortana is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234