Time For An Upgrade (Not Wanted Either) any suggestions?

Mike Rollins

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Time For An Upgrade (Not Wanted Either)

Hello All,

Recently my Nokia Icon bit the dust. Needless to say I filed an insurance claim and was sent a refurbished one. That one is giving me fits. I am looking to upgrade at full retail as I am still one of the few people who still have Unlimited data with Verizon. I can get the 928, which I had before the 929 but I really don't want it. Or I can get the LG Windows Phone, The new Microsoft Phone, or the HTC one. what does everyone suggest and thanks in advance.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: Time For An Upgrade (Not Wanted Either)

To replace the Icon, I'd go for the HTC One M8. It's a great flagship phone. You're not getting Lumia support or a Lumia camera but you're getting a solid phone.
Or you can buy the little LG or a cheap Microsoft Lumia and hold out for the new flagship this fall.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The headphone audio experience on the M8 is better than any phone/mp3 player I've ever owned.

I miss the Lumia perks from my 1520 (wife is using it, son broke her 920) but I love the HTC M8

bellken

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

Nokia 735 is an option at a reasonable price. I bought one to replace an Android, which sort of bit the dust.

Mike Rollins

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Money is not an issue. I can spend the 499.99 for the HTC. I have owned 2 previous HTC Phones and I loved them. (They were both Android) I just have never used an HTC Windows Based Phone.

Mike Rollins

May 15, 2015
Visit site

I do want the bigger screen I got with the Icon. Hence, I didn't care for the 928. For whatever its Worth, ive got a brand new 928 sitting right next to me that i am not using.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Irvin792 hows the bluetooth quality on the HTC one?
Has apt-x for amazing music clarity, much better than my 1520, which was supposed to get apt-x support with denim I think, but I got this phone before that happened. Have not had any complaints with calls over Bluetooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos