Games hub not showing all games

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
The games hub on my Lumia 640 is not showing many games like dictator revolt, 94%, candy crush saga, leo's fortune etc. Is anyone else getting this issue?
Is this game specific , gdr2 bug or specific issue on my phone?

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
^ a soft reset would be too costly affair for me as my phone is loaded with too many apps. I ve noticed a soft reset to be answer of most problems on wp,but at times it turns out to be a futile exercise, especially when the bug is embedded in the os itself... Can anyone confirm this happening on their phone as well?

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
^ a soft reset would be too costly affair for me as my phone is loaded with too many apps. I ve noticed a soft reset to be answer of most problems on wp,but at times it turns out to be a futile exercise, especially when the bug is embedded in the os itself... Can anyone confirm this happening on their phone as well?

Soft reset doesn't format your phone memory either micro sd card or it doesn't delete any app or its data.....as you said it would be so costly for you.....its just a simple process.

I suggested bcz I thought that would be sort out bcz I also faced that and soft reset and using updated games app help me out. although update point I didn't mention bcz I thought it was preloaded with updated one with your device bcz you are using wp8.1 gdr2 update.

And as far as I know
If your phone doesn't behave normally or any of its app.....then you can do such a things at basic level in your home like
1.soft reset
2.hard reset
3.if things go really wrong then you might need software recovery tool that reinstall your phones software.
4.replace sim or micro sd card when problems regarding that.
5.use latest updated software
6.Uninstall buggy apps like beta versions
7.update apps as soon as update available
8.in some cases internet connectivity problem also cause some apps to doesnt work.if app requires data connection.
9.May be a defective handset also cause problems.that should be replaced.

But any option doesn't help you then at last only a service centre remains.

You cant do nothing more than that at basic level..... That's why those above answers like soft reset are mostly given for many problems.
WP are not like androids that you expect
answers like using custom roms and patches.

Anyway but If you really think that bug is itself imbedded in os then software recovery tool is better option, if you want to try.
If it isn't helpful then you should wait for update for games hub app or may be next os update,if problem really belongs to os itself. Or as I said anything doesn't help service centres are open.
Hope your problem sort out .lol

ZKnowN

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

Yes, it has happened on my L520 and I'm still stuck because I don't want to reset. Have you tried any solution that helps?

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
A hard and soft reset dont solve this...in my case, first game was candy crash but after last update the problem was solved...I think is more an issue from the app that should "suscribe" to the game hub for Win8.1 update 2....or something like that...

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The whole game hub has gone to hell in a hand basket. It runs like crap, takes forever to load, and even thought the majority of us asked to take the games out of the app window and put them solely back in the game hub they refuse to do so (even though Microsoft claims they are listening). Mist of us have just dumped the app and make a folder.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The whole game hub has gone to hell in a hand basket. It runs like crap, takes forever to load, and even thought the majority of us asked to take the games out of the app window and put them solely back in the game hub they refuse to do so (even though Microsoft claims they are listening). Mist of us have just dumped the app and make a folder.
New Xbox app replaces games app, so yeah that's been abandoned

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Games hub is the Xbox 🎮 app now. Latest update lists games with a "play" button.

Nope... its not on 8.1... I tried checking for update...
The games hub still is quite useful on new lumias... On my Lumia640 the listing takes only about 2 seconds to load..on my old lumia 520 it was useless as it took much longer..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster