"Fun" With Contacts

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Here's a fun little riddle for all of you. How do I remove a Skype contact from my contact list?
Here's the catch...it won't let me delete it from the People app.
Wait! There's more...this contact has been deleted from my Skype for weeks (possibly even months).
Wait! There's even more...the contact that was paired with the Skype contact was ALSO deleted even weeks before I deleted the Skype contact.
Wait! One more thing...since this contact was deleted from my Skype...it doesn't show up on my Skype...only my contact list. Have fun!:D

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Sign in to www.outlook.com, go to contact/people tab and delete from there? And go to your people tab on the phone and delete them also? Both places at the same time.

It's not on my Outlook, as it was a Skype contact before I had an Outlook and I didn't sync that contact (because I deleted it off my Skype). As I said before, I can't delete it off my phone, as it won't let me.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I mean from a computer browser. Where did you delete the skype contact from? A computer or a phone? If a phone what phone? Do you use an android before? Are you syncing your google contact now? If yes try to log in to google from a computer and see if the contact listed in google contact.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I mean from a computer browser. Where did you delete the skype contact from? A computer or a phone? If a phone what phone? Do you use an android before? Are you syncing your google contact now? If yes try to log in to google from a computer and see if the contact listed in google contact.

I own a Nokia Lumia 830.
I used to use Android but now only use Microsoft services (my Gmail was hacked then deleted, so I decided to go all Microsoft...best decision I ever made).
I deleted the Skype contact originally from the Skype for desktops application, then checked again on the browser. It wasn't present there. I also checked on the Skype on my phone, and it wasn't present. The only place the contact shows up is my People application, and it has been there for months, even after multiple resets. I cannot delete it from my phone (all it says is that I can edit the contact card, and that the information would be saved to my Outlook).
See? Riddle.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I also have this issue!

Deleted the contacts from Skype desktop but they still show up on my people tab without an option for delete. Also, Skype on my phone (L920) still has those contacts without an option to delete them. Well except by blocking them, which I wouldn't want to do incase of future purposes.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Hmm, usually delete problem is because it sync from another source. You don't sync to an MS Exchange server, do you? All I can think is post in an MS forum, probably the ones in Outlook.com or Skype/Messenger. Someone might be able to help, or someone else have the same trouble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes