Syncing calendars with Outlook.com, limited to 6 calendars. Can anyone confirm?

mcalliw

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

I used to have a single calendar in Outlook 2010 with several colour-coded categories. personal, business, football, appointments, travel, photoshoots etc. It's been great being able to use Outlook.com to sync my calendar with my phone since getting a Windows phone, however since categories aren't really well implemented in Windows Phone (I don't know if they're accessible but they certainly can't be colour coded which means you can't get an idea of what you have going on at a glance) I have transitioned to having multiple calendars on the same Outlook.com account for different things, so that I can have a colour-coded calendar on my phone.

For the past few months I've had just three calendars. One for personal, one for business and a third containing the fixture list of the football team I support. However I've decided to make things a little more sophisticated, with additional calendars now for family, photography and travel. This brings me to six calendars which works fine.

Just yesterday I decided to add more calendars for other things. Paid photoshoots and appointments. So far these new calendars have not synced to my phone, though they have synced from Outlook 2010 to Outlook.com. I'm thinking that with 6 calendars I've maybe hit some kind of limit to the amount of synced calendars you can have, but can't find any reference to this online. Can anyone confirm if this is the case. I may have to rethink how I categorise things if I'm limited to 6 (bearing in mind back in the 'old days' of color-coded categories, I had about 12 different categories).

mcalliw

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
So it turns out there isn't a limit (or at least the limit is higher than 8) as my other two calendars finally synced with my device, and now sync normally. There was just something of a delay in them syncing with it for the first time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05