I want to display only device contacts, how can I do this?

Harshal Hivarkar

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
i want display only device contact

i want display only device contact ( saved on mobile device) only.

Also when i want to take backup of contact i should get option to which backup i want e.g . device contact , Facebook, g mail, whats up etc like android

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You can go to People, press the three dots in the bottom right corner, click settings, and then click "filter contact list". From there, you can have the option to only show contacts with phone numbers.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Exactly as libra89 states. You an also "uncheck" showing contacts from Facebook, Skype, Twitter, etc. in the same location.

As far as backing up only a certain set of contacts from one of those in your list, I really don't know anything about that one. Sorry. Perhaps someone else will chime in with that answer.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: i want display only device contact

i want display only device contact ( saved on mobile device) only.

Device Contacts is a misnomer. There are no contacts stored locally on your device. They are SHOWN locally on your device when you sync with an account from the cloud.

Contacts will reside with cloud based accounts like an email address or messenger service or social media account. If your phone dies today, your contacts are in the cloud and you get them back by signing into the various accounts on another device and syncing from the cloud.

People App is a HUB. It feeds from the various cloud sources that you tell it you have. As others have said, use Filter (Contacts - Showing _______) to change what you see.

Also when i want to take backup of contact i should get option to which backup i want e.g . device contact , Facebook, g mail, whats up etc

When I select Add a Contact it asks me where I want to add it and shows me a list of cloud based services it knows I use. If someplace you want to add to does not show, the Dev failed to hook their App to People Hub with the proper API. Please contact the dev and ask for that support inside the App.

like android

I've switched between Mobile OS choices quite a bit. I've learned that wishing the new one behaved like the old one is an exercise in futility. Android does it like Android does. Windows Phone will do it like Windows Phone does.

Windows Phone does what you are asking. Work with it. Don't fall into old habits and insist everything be like it was over on another platform. You'll be happier with this one when you let go of the old habits and learn some new ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte