Waze Watermark

ZZR600

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I've just noticed something weird on my phone which seems to be a watermark of one of the in app screens of Waze permanently over the screen. P1010729.jpgP1010727.jpg

If you look in the bottom corners very closely, you will just about see the waze icon in the bottom left and the drop pin icon in the bottom right. Waze has been playing up on my phone for a couple of months now where it no longer gives verbal directions so I thought I might as well uninstall and job done but this still remains on screen. This can not be captured with an in phone screen shot for some reason as those images come out clean so it's the best image I can provide at the moment.

I really don't want to have to factory reset just to fix this, has anyone else seen anything like this before with Waze or other apps on the phone as it's totally bizarre?

Thanks

Chris

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the phenomenon is known as "burn in" where things that remain on the screen for extend periods of time can stick around as a ghostly image.

That's a 1020 right? It has an AMOLED/OLED screen (like the Galaxy S series, Lumia 930, Moto X...) which is more susceptible to this effect than the more traditional LCD panels. (iPhone, Lumia 920, LG G3...)

It's not a rare occurrence with that screen tech. And it's platform agnostic, being strictly a hardware phenomenon.

You may be able to fix it using an app for the species purpose of remedying it. I'm not sure what apps are available however.

It's a hardware thing. If it's bad enough, screen replacement is the only solution. (so no hard reset necessary)

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Easiest way to cure burn in is to run video that changes between black and white every 5-10s over 10 mins or so regularly. The LCD crystals just need a bit of exercise. Also may be change your colour scheme from red to some thing that uses other intermediate colours

ZZR600

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Man, I thought phones and their screen these days had evolved past that. I'm trying an app called Wiper which is for AMOLED screen.

I did think about burn in but it's such a rarity these days and hadn't seen it since the days I owned a plasma TV. Also explains why I couldn't get a screen shot of said burn marks.

Think it may be time I invest in a sat nav lol as this can't be in any way good for the screen in the long term !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99