Why am I unable to download Chrome Portable to my phone?

Chris Clayton1

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
II have tried many times to download Google Chrome Portable to my Lumia 435 phone. It is always rejected. It says the phone does not recognise that type of file, or I only get offered Android and IOS downloads instead of Windows. Why?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Please describe the process of how you were trying to achieve this?? Btw as Pankaj says.. not possible

Chris Clayton1

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I do not understand these comments --- maybe you are not up-to-date on this? I now have Chrome working OK on my Lumia 435 phone --- I already had it on my Tablet.

I wanted Chrome on my phone because I have a Chromecast and the phone can be used with it as a remote control.

I have a YouTube app on my phone which uses Chromecast.

CC

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I do not understand these comments --- maybe you are not up-to-date on this? I now have Chrome working OK on my Lumia 435 phone --- I already had it on my Tablet.
Google Chrome (the official browser from Google) is currently not available on Windows Phone. You might have installed a fishy placeholder app that might have a Google Chrome logo but still uses IE as the rendering engine.

Chris Clayton1

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I can see now that you are right. My apologies. I have now searched some of the 'history.' I have to admit that after installing 'Chrome' to my Lumia phone I had not got round to looking at it properly. Now I have.

I was expecting a slimed down version of the Chrome Portable I have on my Tablet's SD memory card (D), downloaded from Portable Apps.com or PortableApps Freeware (I dont remember which) --- as far as I know it is 'genuine' and has the Chromecast app which is what I mainly wanted. What was (I have now uninstalled it) on my phone seems nothing more than a searching app, although it has lots of links to Google products / webpages, which gave me the wrong initial impression.

I do know there are a number of ersatz versions of Chrome around.

As for wanting Chrome on my phone I now know I dont need the Google Chromecast app to Cast from my phone, only an app which integrates with Chromecast and I have found a couple of those (for YouTube and local media, for example).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99