How to access all folders / files on Windows Phone 8.1?

Ten9

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
There has to be some way to access all the files and file structure on my Lumia 520, running Windows Phone 8.1, right?

Hooking it to a computer only allows access to folders for photos, videos, music, documents; not a true file structure menu or file search.

I truly don't care if I brick the phone accessing the system so I can search for some lost files that aren't photos, but other data. If you have any helpful information on how I can do this, please let me know.

Thank You!

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You need the Reg Hack tool presented in this thread here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/353229-[guide]-how-update-8-1-2-a.html

Follow this portion...

Here small guide how to edit the registry.
Preparation:

• Download and Install SDK 8.1 Lite.
  • Download two files CustomWPSystem_0500.xap and CustomPFD_0003.xap
    (You can download this from my big ATIV S archive).

The core:

1. Put CustomPFD_0003.xap file at SD/Documents.
  2. Register you device using Windows Phone Developer Registration 8.1.
  3. Using the second app - Windows Phone Application Deployment 8.1 install CustomWPSystem_0500.xap at phone (it's important!).
  4. Install Preview for Developer from store on SD-card (!).
  5. Open CustomWPSystem app, click on red line ("SD Card permissions"), click on SD-card and click OK.
  6. Click "Select the XAP" and choose CustomPFD_0003.xap from SD Card.
  7. Finally click "Apply XAP".
  8. Now you can edit the register!

Once installed you can enable the device to show Hidden Files when plugged in to a PC.

P.S.: It does cost $20 for a Developer Account to Dev Unlock your phone.

Ten9

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for your helpful and detailed reply!

I was keeping some very important notes with the Perfect Note app by Perfect Thumb. It had been working wonderfully and then all of a sudden everything was gone and it was as if it was a new install. Nothing should have been changed, and I have my apps set to not update automatically. It was very strange, and I was foolish enough to have not backed things up, or recorded the information anywhere else.

It appears that the app only installs on the phone and not the SD card, as it is still operational with the SD card removed. I am hoping that making the needed installations to the phone's memory that you outlined will not write over any files that may still be recoverable. I hope to run a recovery program (Recuva by Piriform: the forum won't let me post a link until I have 10 posts, so it is just at piriform (dot) com / recuva) and see if I can recover any of the information.

If you have any further advice on how I can successfully attempt a recovery of the information, I would greatly appreciate any input you have.

Thank you very, very much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb