Missing App

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a game called Iron Tanks. It had an update a day ago. After the update the game has disappeared from the app list and the game hub on the phone. Since then, the phone acts sluggish and when you reboot it it starts with most of the tiles greyed out on the him screen. It takes about 30 seconds for that to go away and the tiles to come back. If you go back to Iron Tanks in the marketplace, instead of having the option to install, it says 'view' as if it was still on the phone. If you click 'view' it takes you to your start screen. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar experience with a game disappearing after installing an update. The only thing that worked was to swipe left to the app list and hit search, then type the app name, then it showed up and I pinned it to the start screen. I didn't have any of the sluggishness and grey tiles that you mentioned though.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar experience with a game disappearing after installing an update. The only thing that worked was to swipe left to the app list and hit search, then type the app name, then it showed up and I pinned it to the start screen. I didn't have any of the sluggishness and grey tiles that you mentioned though.

Doing a search just brings me to where it should be in the list but isn't there. On a side note, the app shows up in the list when it is receiving another update...but nothing you can really do, because it disappears after the update is complete.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Doing a search just brings me to where it should be in the list but isn't there. On a side note, the app shows up in the list when it is receiving another update...but nothing you can really do, because it disappears after the update is complete.

It sounds like the install routine might have a problem more so than the app itself. Not sure how you would fix it, maybe a reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad