Why isn't my laptop detecting my Windows Phone?

Ashish Sen

May 2, 2014
Visit site
My laptop is not detecting My Windows Phone.

My laptop is not detecting My Windows Phone. I am using Lumia 720 with WP 8.1 and laptop is having Windows 10 installed. There is no problem with the Data Cable as well as i have tried with other phones. Can someone please advise.

Master Chaos5

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: My laptop is not detecting My Windows Phone.

Make sure you are connected to the internet. It will automatically start to download the drivers for windows phone.

Master Chaos5

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

Try different USB ports, perform a soft reset on your device. Additionally, download the windows phone drivers for Microsoft website and se if that works.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You may need to clear out the USB drivers. This often helps.

Download this tool: View any installed/connected USB device on your system Open the folder and right click the exe, run as admin.

In the USB driver view, delete any that are marked Lumia or Nokia. Close the utility. plug your 730 into the USB and allow the drivers to install.

FWIW, I recently upgraded to 10 from 8.1 and had no issue getting my 1520.3 or my Win HD LTE recognized. It was as normal under 10 as before.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

My laptop is not detecting My Windows Phone. I am using Lumia 720 with WP 8.1 and laptop is having Windows 10 installed. There is no problem with the Data Cable as well as i have tried with other phones. Can someone please advise.

10 just aint ready for prime time wait till the end of the year. I like my 8.1 probably won't even bother with 10 even for free...

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I've had instances like this and rebooting the phone worked like a charm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon