Phone Crisis: Lumia 640 Lock screen outlined in yellow, can't unlock/gain access. How can I get into my phone?

Raymond Lavertue

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Phone Crisis: Lumia 640 Lock screen outlined in yellow, can't unlock/gain access

I can't get past the lock screen on my Lumia 640. I try to slide it up to access the PIN entry pad and it doesn't respond. I was in the settings area earlier and must have enabled some kind of voice narration -- I'm now told in a female voice when I increase the volume or double tap the screen, but I still can't get to the unlock pad. Also, the start screen, and the three bottom buttons on it when I touch them, are now outlined in yellow. I'm frozen out of using my phone. I've tried rebooting.

Any help would be appreciated immeasurably.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone Crisis: Lumia 640 Lock screen outlined in yellow, can't unlock/gain access

Press volume up while tapping the startscreen button...

Capture1.JPG

Raymond Lavertue

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone Crisis: Lumia 640 Lock screen outlined in yellow, can't unlock/gain access

Brilliant. Effective, with narrator turned off and access to phone regained on first attempt.

Thank you so much, Guytronic.

I'm curious why enabling the narrator and the yellow outline, which I understand would certainly be very useful to some users, prevented me from accessing my phone?

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Brilliant. Effective, with narrator turned off and access to phone regained on first attempt.

Thank you so much, Guytronic.

I'm curious why enabling the narrator and the yellow outline, which I understand would certainly be very useful to some users, prevented me from accessing my phone?

Probably because it requires a whole different way of interacting with the phone now that it has to try to work with the visually impaired. Probably has instructions in the settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel