Just weirdness with battery saver.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. Just wonder, do you guys regularly use your battery saver app to check status of the batter? Follow up question: Do your battery saver apps sort of glitch out after 50%? What I mean is that I swipe the screen down and see 48% battery left, but the saver app says 46%.

I'm not exactly worried, just curious.

Using Lumia 830 rm 984

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I also have a 3rd party battery app installed but it doesn't seem to be very accurate, it now says i have 58 percent but when i look in the battery saver app it's 62%, after having looked at battery saver app, the battery app on my homescreen also gives the correct percentage.
No worries...
:)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Battery Saver once in a while shows me some weird data or behavior; one particular example is that it listed two apps with 100% battery usage in the background, clearly a mathematical impossibility.

You could try to make sure that Battery Saver is allowed to always run in the background - this way it would be able to gather more data and, probably, provide more accurate information more often.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Cool wanted to make sure other people had this issue too. Guess an error on MSFTs part. I have seen that phone calls have used 100% of the battery before too. But anyways, as long as everything else works perfectly fine, I guess I can ignore it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yup, app hasn't been updated that much yet anyway, could be better in Windows 10 Mobile. But at this point, I just use it as a reference to determine which apps use most of my battery in the background and then prevent certain apps from unnecessarily running in the background.

Anyway, I've found that although certain apps are listed in Battery Saver to be the "top" battery power drainers, it appears (with some testing) that it is the cellular data (especially 4G connections) and GSM signal usage that use majority of the battery power. I've just disabled cellular data leaving only WiFi active and my effective (not estimated) battery life has more than doubled - at least for my L1020. The irony is that there is no mention of this in Battery Saver.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I completely agree with you gpobernard. Sad that cellular data and wifi aren't calculated into the equation.

But leaving cellular data off and only having Wi-Fi might be an amazing way to save battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo