Unable to delete Temporary files?

Akkaler

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue from last few days and that is, I'm not being able to dlt temporary files. Even when I dlt an app then the data of that app still left in the storage . Is thr any solution???

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
How much space is being occupied in your "Others" category?

BTW, the "Others" section doesn't include App Data, so uninstalling an app would not significantly change the size of this category - that's why there's an "apps+games" category in Storage Sense. You can either try to determine if you're missing some of your videos or photos in your PhotoHub (there's a solution for that elsewhere), or browse for unsupported file formats by connecting your phone to your PC.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This is a chronic problem with my Windows Phone. The only solution I have found, is to backup everything, especially verifying if your photos from the phone, actually did backup to OneDrive. Check every photo, compare the photos on the phone with those on the OneDrive web site. Re-Sync those on your phone, that didn't get uploaded to OneDrive. Then, check and compare again. Do it again, if the photos are important and you don't want them lost forever.

Then hard reset/reboot your phone. Reinstall/log in to all your apps and set them up as you had previously.

The gigabytes of unknown wasted "Other" will be gone and you can start to enjoy your phone again. For me, it eventually, builds up again. Rinse and Repeat.

Best Wishes.

Akkaler

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Almost 150mb space is occupied by others section. Actually once one of my pdf file gets corrupted and deleted automatically. from then this problem occurred

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
How much total space does your phone have?

150MB? I doubt this is just one corrupted .pdf file, unless the pdf file was larger than 150MB. But try uninstalling and reinstalling your .pdf app (whichever app you used to attempt to view or handle the .pdf file that was corrupted).

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Another method you can try to is simply leave your phone connected to your PC through a data cable, for about 15-30 minutes. Some users have experienced having the "Other" and "Temporary Files" sections decreased after a while. Have you tried this?

Akkaler

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Fortunately, those temporary files gets deleted automatically yesterday. And now it shows only 14 mb space occupied by temp files

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs