Resetting Lumia 640 - general

Arthur Babayev

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
When resetting the phone it asks to sign in to Microsoft account. I do not understand why and how to avoid it. If there is a way to avoid it I'd like to know how please.
Imagine that I bought a used phone and prev. owner forgot to reset it, and I do not know one's Microsoft credentials, of course. Assuming that people will not forget and always reset is wrong. What to do then? Should I be able to reset the phone w/out problems and sign in with my credentials? Why create more problems for users? They will start complaining about total control by Microsoft and others lk I do now... Then ratings will fall, and people will start buying google/apple phones... etc..., etc... )))
Seriously, it is very annoying to sign in every time you want to reset or install smth...
Art.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
When you reset the phone..It bt back to factory settings and treats it as a brand new phone. Same as a iPhone and android phone. It is asking for the credentials to sign in but you can bpass it and not sign-in.

I am not quite sure what you are talking about. If you buy a used phone, simply reset the phone and log-in with your credentials. Nobody is going to say Microsoft is taking total control nor will their ratings tank...

Keep in mind you need the Microsoft account to be able to download apps....because the apps are tied to the account. Just like I need a google account for Play store apps on Android and I need an apple account stuff. Microsoft is not the only company nor the first company.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
When resetting the phone it asks to sign in to Microsoft account. I do not understand why and how to avoid it. If there is a way to avoid it I'd like to know how please.

You will need to disable reset protection to avoid the need to sign in to a valid owner account.

WC app for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium