Why is my Lumia 1020 no longer recognised by my W10 laptop / PCs?

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1020 no longer recognised by my W10 laptop / PCs

Hey all,

I have noticed since last night that I can no longer connect my Lumia 1020 running WP8.1 to my windows PCs and use the drag and drop functionality from explorer.
The phone starts charging when I plug in into the USB port, but it is no longer recognised as a device and I do not receive the notification that it's connected.
Nothing has changed as far as I know, I use the same wire. I've tried it on my laptop (on which it worked perfectly before, doesn't work now), my new Dell XPS PC running windows 10 (worked previously before as well, doesn't work now).

I'm really trying to avoid doing a hard reset as they take so long to restore everything and you lose all app information as many apps do not use the back to cloud functionality.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1020 no longer recognised by my W10 laptop / PCs

Maybe Windows 10 is missing USB drivers for Windows Phone. Try connecting your Lumia 1020 to a Windows 7, or 8 PC.
Also your USB cable might be broken, or you have a loose USB port.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Maybe Windows 10 is missing USB drivers for Windows Phone. Try connecting your Lumia 1020 to a Windows 7, or 8 PC.
Also your USB cable might be broken, or you have a loose USB port.

Hey,

Thank you for your reply!
I've had windows 10 since launch and it worked totally fine on all of the devices it was installed on. I've tried changing wires, but to no avail. It charges fine and makes the windows sound when something is plugged in, but it doesn't show up. =/

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

I've tried changing wires, but to no avail. It charges fine and makes the windows sound when something is plugged in, but it doesn't show up.

I have that problem with 1 cable. It charges the phone, but phone never shows up in winows explorer. Sometimes it gives me "slow connection" popup message on my phone.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I have that problem with 1 cable. It charges the phone, but phone never shows up in winows explorer. Sometimes it gives me "slow connection" popup message on my phone.

I'm beginning to think it may be the port becoming lose / not fitting properly. I have to push the wire upwards, and then the phone gets properly recognised. May have to get it looked at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720