Here Drive+ No Longer Available for WP 8.1?

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalled Nokia Here Drive+ from my Lumia 520 intending to try to reinstall it to my SD card in order to free up internal memory. Now I can't seem to find Here Drive+ anywhere to reinstall. Can anyone tell me why it is unavailable/gone?

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
You are welcome? The links to the current (and up-to-date) Here Drive app are all in the article. If you don't want to install it from there, your only option is a hard reset on your phone. However, if you do have auto updates for store apps enabled afterwards, your Here Drive+ will be updated to this version anyway.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Uh, when you click on the Here Drive+ link you posted, if you had looked a little closer, it says N/A and the Get the App button is non-functional. Also, since the app is listed unavailable, doing a Hard Reset on my phone would not accomplish my goal.

Last edited:

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, then it is just another app WP lost along the way. I installed it last about a month ago on my 635. It still even is in the MY APPS list but when I click on it, it keeps showing a LOADING status on the top. (Still takes me to the app screen though.)

Maybe it is down only temporary? I do know that I got an HERE DRIVE update the other week on my Note 4.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for trying to help

I called Microsoft today and all they could say was to contact the developer at help.here.com. That website had no information/explanation as to why the app is unavailable. I messaged them through their contact system and will post back here if I get a response back from them...

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for trying to help

I called Microsoft today and all they could say was to contact the developer at help.here.com. That website had no information/explanation as to why the app is unavailable. I messaged them through their contact system and will post back here if I get a response back from them...

I just shared the app via email from my phone and the link seems to work. At least it says "Get the app" on the page. :)

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=31bbc68c-503e-4561-8d85-a294d54df06f

*** EDIT:
Yep, works. Just removed HERE DRIVE on my 635 and reinstalled it over above link. Simply open the link from your Lumia device and you should be all good.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
It still says N/A directly under the title and the Get App button is non-functional when I try to click it.
That N/A means FREE. It is where you usually find the price. And as I said: open the link from your cell phone. (Just email it to yourself in case you don't want to navigate this forums on your mobile.

Here is the link once more as plain text (I hope):
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=31bbc68c-503e-4561-8d85-a294d54df06f

**** EDIT:
Plain text link doesn't work, sorry! Trying it without the HTTP:

windowsphone.com/s?appid=31bbc68c-503e-4561-8d85-a294d54df06f

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Just tried it now on my Samsung Ativ S: uninstalled it, followed the link from the phone and reinstalled it without problems. However, I can't find the app via search in the store. Maybe it is just down temporarily and will be back soon in an updated version?

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
So, I got a reply back from someone @ help.here.com.

"Thank you for reaching out to HERE Maps Support Team.

We are aware of a technical issue that?s preventing us from offering the HERE apps in the Windows Store for new Windows and Windows Phone 8, 8.1 and 10 users. We are working to resolve the problem and restore the availability of the HERE apps for new users.
Unfortunately, I am very sorry to inform you that if you already uninstalled the app from your Lumia phone, you will not be able to download it again from the Windows Store until we have a resolution.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience."

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
So we have to wait now.

It happens too often that after an update the app doesn't work anymore on Windows Phone. !@#%!^#%&

nokiabolt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I just had to do a factory reset on my Lumia 635. At first, Here Maps and Drive showed as unavailable for this phone, but just was able to install. I would try it again..

nokiabolt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
About 3 hours ago. I'm obviously not advising a hard reset to download these again, though. I'm sure it's slowly trickling back onto the store.

Post002

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
try enter the "store", push "[...]", select "my apps" and re-download the "HERE" apps from here

It works for me (after a system reset)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro