Why is my music experience really bad?

Filip Arsenijevic

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
music experience really bad?

Hey , i was wondering , why windows phone in general has such a bad music player , and why the music played sounds the same ? I am using windows phones for a long time and it really is amazing but music wise i cant handle it much longer. I have just gotten my lumia 930 and the music really lacks some basic settings other normal devices would have.
Difference on a song video at youtube played through my lumia 930 and iphone 4s is amazing. On lumia max volume feels like 60% on the iphone. Rest things sound wise are pretty much the same. Speaker is really tiny (doesnt matter , dont even use it that much but still)
How hard it would be to harden up the volume and correct few settings a classic ipod or whatever else has ?

Second totally different thing i picked up while making this post. This forum is really slow , like wtf ? Flagship device on its own somewhat forums should go slick and fast...instead i get blank pages , hickups whrn scrolling /etc.
Btw i am not a hater , i love my windows phone but i just need few answers...
Do you guys have the same music problem as me ?
Every music i listen to has lower than decent volume , and feels like it is being played on a low settings youtube video. I mean every song on every possible app , including xbox music which is the slowest fail ever.
And no , i dont have a defective phone and my headset is pretty good everywhere else.
Thanks in advance

Filip Arsenijevic

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: music experience really bad?

Site , not the app since everyone is bashing on it and giving it low rating cause google did something and im not sure what. But anyways as i was saying , its in general , even if i played the same music on my laptop , iphone and lumia on varuous apps , lumia would give the worst performances , the low volume ones , and not so amazing sound like the other two.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Use myTube or TubeCast. Maybe even Metrotube, those are superior to the site.

Also, personal experience the volume on my 5s is a lot softer than my 830 and 920 could be. (and the 920 had a much higher minimum than the 830) I'm at just under half in more situations where on my 920, 01/30 or 02/30 handled them, or on my 830 which handled most at around 03-07.

the 930 should be able to change the speaker's EQ.

this mobile website performs poorly for me as well, I don't know whether to blame IE or the site yet.

Filip Arsenijevic

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Db on the phone feels like 95 while the iphones db feels like 110 , in every single app. Ill say it now so theres no more confusion , i rarely even ise youtube , since i have to be in the app to play a song instead of minimizing it or something which doesnt work. So i am talking about normal music player in general , and mixcloud , mixradio and pandora. Modifying the eq influences on the song's quality and i cant really louden' it up :/
The thing ks i really like this phone but its dragging me to switch to another one since i am a big musoc fan and like to listen to stuff with good quality and nice volume controll.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I say the same about Beats music. You can't suck more than Beats. Groove on the other hand, is boss.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

From my experience I never had even the slightest problem with headphones and volume, 630 through headphones was pretty nice and the same goes for my current 730 (actually is louder)..

My suggestion is to sell the 930 and get an HTC M8/M9 or alcatel idol 3 or a moto X etc in order to hear loud and clear the music from their stereo loudspeakers..

Just do a research before buying something dude!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

First of all are you using the same headphones on the iPhone and Lumia 930?

Secondly, are you using any sort of preset on the iPhone?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I think when OP says quality here they are meaning raw volume, but my understanding could be wrong.

Filip Arsenijevic

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah i am really disaapointed with the overal sound quality including its volume. Before while i had my n73 old nokia , the music was really good. Now it kept worse and worse as i kept buying lumia phones.
Anyways , just bought a htc m7 for my sister and tried some music , result almost like iphone. Way louder than the lumia 930 , 925 . Way clearer - more crisp tunes. Lumia does mellow and soft sound.
Anyways for testing i was using sennheisers cx300 ii and v modas crossfade lp2 . Im a music lover but i really like windows phone... I have always bragged about it but something tells me its time for a change, even if i dont want to ..even my blackberry z10 had better music quality.
I guess you guys havent tried it all...
Edit - no presets

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I think when OP says quality here they are meaning raw volume, but my understanding could be wrong.

same, just wanted the OP to clarify.

Yeah i am really disaapointed with the overal sound quality including its volume. Before while i had my n73 old nokia , the music was really good. Now it kept worse and worse as i kept buying lumia phones.
Anyways , just bought a htc m7 for my sister and tried some music , result almost like iphone. Way louder than the lumia 930 , 925 . Way clearer - more crisp tunes. Lumia does mellow and soft sound.
Anyways for testing i was using sennheisers cx300 ii and v modas crossfade lp2 . Im a music lover but i really like windows phone... I have always bragged about it but something tells me its time for a change, even if i dont want to ..even my blackberry z10 had better music quality.
I guess you guys havent tried it all...
Edit - no presets

Hmm, interesting to be honest can't really say much as I've not used any other models extensively as a daily driver over a month and I'm not an avid music listener. The only other thing I can think off is that your headphone jack might be faulty; either that or your 930 is one from batch where quality control appear to have taken a vacation lol.

A former colleague who really is a true blue audiophile had no complaints about his 930 in terms of raw music output; well if he did I would have had my ears lambasted about the crappy sound quality given the price of the 930.

I say had as he is still rocking an 1520 as the 930 has no msd card slot so he sold it off. In case your wondering these are the headphones he uses:amazon.com/AKG-701-Studio-Reference-Headphones/dp/B000EBBJ6Y.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro