Triple vibrate when receiving message

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I did a full reset of my Lumia 920 a week ago because I had a bad lockscreen glitch. I set it up using a backup and everything has been ok so far, except when I receive a text message, the phone does that triple vibration thing. I don't know what my settings were in the past, but whenever I got a text, it would vibrate just once. I find it very annoying that the phone vibrates three times, especially when someone is texting me multiple times. I've tried to look everywhere in the settings to change this, but I can't figure it out. Am I just going crazy? I swear my phone used to only vibrate once when receiving texts, and now it does it 3 times after the hard reset.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I saw your last post but I wasn't sure what to suggest.

Maybe you should change the text tone you use and see what happens then?

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
From experience, it seems dependent on which text tone you use. In Notifications & Actions, in Messaging my notification sound is set to default and I get the single vibrate. However, if I set a custom tone to a contact (used Nokia message before), that would give that prison the triple. Odd, I know. Maybe try playing around with these settings to see if you can get it to your liking.

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
dang, that's odd. I'm using the same tone as I was before. I'll try changing it and see if it has any effect. Such a weird issue lol

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried changing the message ring tone and it didnt change anything :(
Does anyone else's phone only vibrate once upon receiving a message?

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
What does your phone do if you set your message tone to "default"? I'm almost wanting to say that will be the only one that does single vibrate.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I'm sorry, I was using Windows Message as a contact-specific tone. I almost want to say 8.1 started the funky vibration habits, as I don't feel like the messaging pulses were inconsistent before the birth of Action Center.

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I forgot to respond yesterday. I changed the message tone to the default tone and it only vibrates once. This fixed the problem!! Unfortunately I'll just have to get used to the crummy default text message sound :(

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Glad to know you got it "solved." I think 8.1 just treats any "foreign" notifications with the triple vibrate. At least from my phone, I think everything but the default text tone gets the triple. Messenger, Facebook, eBay, and probably more I've forgotten at the moment. It stinks, yeah, and hopefully this can be addressed in 10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion