Need help finding an app for Wi-Fi file transfers

Qaddafi

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I own a Microsoft Lumia 640 and I am looking for suggestions on how to transfer files back & forth from my PC to my Windows Phone. The two official Microsoft apps for it suck and USB "mass storage" isn't really mass storage (it's MTP). Bluetooth is also very slow for large files. So the most obvious solution is the cloud (OneDrive) or wi-fi file transfers. I want to avoid OneDrive or any other cloud services. I am looking for something similar to Android's "ES File Explorer" app with Remote Manager features. The apps in the Microsoft store like Dukto or Easy Transfer Pro are okay if you do individual transfers, but not good for copying & pasting entire folders in the GBs. Is there a file manager app that allows for wi-fi file transfers from my PC-Phone (using Windows Explorer and NOT a web browser) without my files being stored somewhere else that isn't my phone/PC? I don't know what FTP is or any of that stuff, but I don't want my files going through a middle man and being stored somewhere in some server or website.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo