A VPN for Windows Phone?

META_Bigdanzo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has any info about a working VPN and how to configure one for at home use. I've spent about 3-4 hours today trying to find one that works and how to configure it properly, but had no luck. I've seen a couple of posts on here about VPN's and thought it might help but still ran into dead ends. I've currently got CISCO's AnyConnect installed on my 820 (8.1) and am completely stuff on what to do next.

As to why, I want to expand my tech knowledge (I'm about average tech savvy) but I want to do it at my own pace and as easy as possible. So if anyone has any tips they'd like to share, then that would be appreciated as well.

But if anyone can help me with my inquiry, that would be amazing.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hotspot Shield Free VPN is an app that, once downloaded, will give you instructions (and a certificate) on how to set it up in your phone. I've tried it and it worked - the only downside is that it seems that using a VPN in a Windows Phone blocks MSN Apps from accessing the Internet.

META_Bigdanzo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I've tried that and I got completely lost trying to use it, was probably tired at the time.
I hardly use MSN apps so shouldn't be a problem. Would this be the best recommendation?

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Please send me demo.

How do you propose for me to send the demo to you? Just open the store in your Windows Phone and type the app name into the search box.

I've tried that and I got completely lost trying to use it, was probably tired at the time.
I hardly use MSN apps so shouldn't be a problem. Would this be the best recommendation?

I've tried some of the most popular VPN apps in the store (I think only five have good enough reviews to be even worth downloading), and that would be my best recommendation at the moment.

Another downside, by the way, is that you would have to reinstall it after two weeks since the VPN digital certificate expires after two weeks - at least that's how it works when it was offered for "free" for a limited time in AppDeals.

chrisbillery

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
will this hotspot sheild works in windows phone 10?

Yes, Hotspot shield software is free but its features are limited. A research was conducted by experts over security breach of windows phone in which they include privacy software like OperaVPN measure all the aspects. They find that free VPNs are good but not safe for massive data encryption. Experts conclude by stating that windows phone users must encrypt their network connection with vpn for windows especially using public WiFi. They think that OperaVPN is a useful choice for those who are seeking for free VPN software.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon