Backups missing when trying to restore, how do I get them available to use?

Dazw

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Backups missing when trying to restore

Hi,

Hope that someone can help and I have posted this in the correct place. I have a Lumia 920 running 8.1 that now has a cracked screen. I have taken a backup of the phone and would like to restore to another 920. However when I get to the restore section when running through the initial startup wizard on the new phone it is only showing me backup from over a year ago, the most recent one is not listed at all. How do I get the latest backup available to use? I thought the Windows restore tool might help but it never finds the phone and the Nokia tool says that the phone is not supported.

Thanks for the help.

D

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Backups missing when trying to restore

If you still have both phones, try doing the back up on your old phone again... A friend did went through that, then worked like a charm

Dazw

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Backups missing when trying to restore

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I have both phones, I did a backup of the damaged phone last night and tried to restore onto new one but it was not listed as an available backup. I can try it again to see what happens.

Thanks,

D

Dazw

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I sorted this in the end, had to upgrade the new phone to 8.1, then reset it and it then picked up the backups of the old phone.

Cheers,

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers