Can "Overcharging" Cause Battery Damage?

FiveHorizons88

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I've done some quick research, and I still cannot get a straight answer...Will leaving your phone on the charger overnight damage the longevity/performance of the battery? Also, I'm thinking about buying the Nokia DC-19 or the DC-21 portable charger to have on hand, will this be too powerful for my Lumia Icon? Sorry for all the questions, but i'm not super knowledgeable about what can ruin a battery. I just worry because I have read that sometimes chargers can overheat and ruin a battery.

Just wanted your thoughts!

thanks!

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Although charger automatically cuts power but it is not recommended to leave ur phone plugged in charging whole night... N IT DOES RUIN THE BATTERY... N only use genuine charger provided with phone.

If u want to increase battery life n get maximum benefit then u should charge ur phone when battery is at 10-15% n charge it to 100%...u shouldn't charge ur phone every now n then.. Only charge when it needs n charge it complete...

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
From my understanding and experience, (a good number of) phones stop charging when it hits 100%. I noticed this with my 640. The phone is usually a little warm when charging, but after it hits 100%, it becomes cool because it isn't charging anymore. That's the only question I can answer, hope you get answers to the other ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99