report to microsoft operators not upgrading

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to get touch via e mail to Microsoft to report an operator thyat have not upgraded the lumia 920 to Denim so far , in here Entel Chile carrier have not upgraded the lumia 920 to Denim and is november, and while all operators have done the upgrade, i have tried with no sucess to get touch with the operator via twitter,facebook, but have not answered my questions, is any way of do or report them? also have got touch with microsoft in Chile via twitter and facebook and no replies to my inquire , i will not do the easy way of preview for developers because i consider that should the carrier do the job which apparently just is not doing or left abandoned, also would suggest to Rubino do an report about this problem because i think are many countries where operators have not upgraded their phones and i think i am not the only facing those problems with an operator and Microsoft not paying attention to my questions and not giving response by make wait so long for an upgrade that should already got

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Then why promise upgrades when can not force to operators to do it? And in such case I am out of Windows phone I think will be better get android but at least get upgrades some companies upgrade their high ends, instead of fake promises that can't keep an company like Microsoft

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Why should I flash it if the operator should do the upgrade instead of risk my phone to get bricked

Because that way you'll have a result in 30 minutes, whereas trying to fight with the carrier is unlikely to get you anywhere anytime soon.

You're also the first person I'm aware of, outside the US, who hasn't received denim long ago. If you want to get noticed by a carrier, you need lots of people to make themselves heard. It doesn't seem like you'd have the numbers for that.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Then why promise upgrades when can not force to operators to do it? And in such case I am out of Windows phone I think will be better get android but at least get upgrades some companies upgrade their high ends, instead of fake promises that can't keep an company like Microsoft
Popular misconception. They never promised upgrades. Many people just misconstrued it as such. Although I will admit MS is not as forthcoming as they should be when it comes to explaining how the update process actually works.

Going to Android, because you're not getting an update on WP, is also at least somewhat ironic.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

You think android gets upgrades quicker???? Hahaha. Good luck mate.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
At least they do, also is this really funny later of no flagships they won't import the 950 to here and neither bring updates, this is really funny thing, we want get treated of the same way that are treated the Apple users but we don't demand the same treatment, also don't start to say that they don't promised upgrades, if yourselves gives as a reason for get an Lumia the upgrades that gets their phones when new software versions are done, and now start to say read the fine print? Am getting really sick of fans and lies from companies. Also the website of updates don't appears nothing of "some devices will stop off receive updates"the only that says is that the availability is by operator but we are in November, if don't get denim upgrade neither will get Windows 10 of the formal way.

By the way here

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142833&token=hyyk_jvm

Only talks about operator approvals not that would not get updated some devices and also I recall the whole crying that many with the Lumia icon did when Verizon don't bring the update of Lumia black or Lumia cyan and now yours get like in shock by my words, nice double standard yours do in here

Also some companies like Samsung bring updates to their flagships and also don't have to bear the limited catalog of applications of Windows phone.

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ Exactly like I said, nowhere on the page you linked to is any promise made in terms of updates! In fact, the very first sentence makes it clear that update availability depends on regions and carriers and is not guaranteed!! It's quite obvious that an operator must approve an update, otherwise you don't get it. That's in the very first sentence, which is not the fine print!!!

You're also wrong about Samsung. Carriers can decide not to distribute Samsung's updates too. No difference. Where there is a difference is that cheaper Android models are often not updated by OEMs at all (what device have you got BTW?), and that carriers will often prioritize updates for the most popular devices on their network. That's where WP gets into trouble, but it usually works quite well outside the U.S. regardless.

Anyway. In the time you spent here so far, you could already have had Denim running on your device.

Good luck.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the level of answer is proportionally according with the country where the member is, we the non American users had to bear the crying in the past of the users of the Lumia Icon when Verizon, announced not upgrade that model, now I get an not descent reply by part of yours, am not asking how to flash the device or anything just asking if can be reported the carrier, but looks. Like if this same question were made by an American everyone wells boasted and cursed to Microsoft and to the operator, also I, don't know if I'm wrong or what in there appear about approvals, suppose that in the case of the Lumia icon Verizon rejected the upgrade because was or don't meet the quality standards, also got answer from the carrier saying that they don't have the date of release, but also from Lumia Chile on Facebook still without reply the question so looks like Microsoft abandoned this market, also if I get an phone directly from Sony store have assured the android upgrades a thing that Microsoft should learn to have physical stores in everywhere not only in the markets where they are comfortable.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ I have no idea what your point is, but I'll say this:

1. I don't live in the U.S. so I'm not treating you differently than I would an American or anyone else.
  2. Icon owners on Verizon didn't have the option to flash their devices with an alternative ROM. You do have that option!
  3. L830 owners on AT&T waited for over half a year to get Denim. A ROM leaked before AT&T released the update officially. The complaining stopped pretty much instantly as the folks here did what was necessary to get Denim on their devices. For some reason that apparently is not an option for you, but it should be.
  4. This site is in no way affiliated with MS. We're just a community of enthusiasts. If you don't care about actually getting Denim, but just want somebody to report something to your carrier, then that would be your job. As far as the carriers in Chile are concerned, we're even less important to them then you are. You're at least paying them for a service.
Anyway, I'm out. Good day.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah you are right, in the part that can demand since I am paying them by an service and the device in fact isn't mine is rented by 18 months before be mine completely so flashing and etc isn't an option and have to wait to the official updates so far many people in the forum of the carrier have done pressure but without results, so probably is time to apply the consumer office to demand an thing which isn't the first time that has to be done ,I really don't understand how Microsoft expect sell phones with problems like that or in certain, areas is not even their products , as said I am in the beginning point where looks like Microsoft in this part of the world is behaving like the companies which uses android and as fans like to laught when don't upgrade their devices or simply don't even answer an single private message in the official website even

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro