Why do my Windows Phone 8.1 calendar entries disappear after 30 Seconds?

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 Calendar Entrys Dissapear after 30 Seconds

I noticed some calendar entrys missing on my phone recently so did some testing.

Basically if I add an appointment say in June 2016 then the appointment will disappear from my phone 30 seconds or so after adding it!

My windows phone calendar syncs with my Google calendar and if I check my google calendar via a browser the appointment is in there it just dosent show on my phone!

I then tried adding an appoinment in January 2016 and this is ok, it shows on my phone and in my google calendar.

Can anyone explain this behaviour please?

Marox1

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Calendar Entrys Dissapear after 30 Seconds

It happens to me too. After 2 seconds just disappear...I have a Lumia 640, wp 8.1 upgrade 2. If anyone can help us please...

P.d.: Sorry for my language mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker...

JonasEk

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Calendar Entrys Dissapear after 30 Seconds

Happens to me too. No answers anywhere I'm afraid. Also loosing contacts, I can add a contact just to have it disappear the next day.

JTon

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok, this is happening to me too. Anyone know what's going on yet??

Exact same scenario as OP except mine disappear after 1-2 seconds. It appears to only happen when I'm adding events months in the future. I tested an event a couple days in the future and it stayed put. I also deleted my Google account and reloaded it. The events I added from my device are still missing after the reload.

Lumia 640 XL 8.1 Update 2

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
The calendar on the phone just shows your appointment for the next month or so. Have you tried the year view and pick the relevant month? Is it there? Have you tried the agenda view? Is the event listed?

JTon

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The calendar on the phone just shows your appointment for the next month or so. Have you tried the year view and pick the relevant month? Is it there? Have you tried the agenda view? Is the event listed?

I've tried all the different views; they are still not showing up.

I don't buy the logic that the calendar only shows appointments x months in the future. What's to stop you from double booking? It should definitely show all future appointments.

In fact, I was doing some testing and I found out my phone DOES show future appointments if the appointment repeats (e.g. Birthdays, monthly bills).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro