How to improve my music sound quality? Nokia Lumia 1320

Riaz76

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 1320 and the sound in headphone is of very poor quality. How do i improve it. The sound is like a normal radio. The phone says that it has seetings for Dolby and so on. My previous N8 plays far better sound. Can anyone help me? May be there are some adjustments to be done.

Riaz76

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Thnx. Normally is the sound quality in Lumia 1320 Good? I test it with a wire headphone and a bluetooth headphone. Both wound are not good.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 1320 and the sound in headphone is of very poor quality. How do i improve it. The sound is like a normal radio. The phone says that it has seetings for Dolby and so on. My previous N8 plays far better sound. Can anyone help me? May be there are some adjustments to be done.

Hello, are you using the default headphone came with 1320? Is it the Earbud type or the Canal type? If it is the earbud type, then you can try to get the Canal type earphones.
Canal type earphones gets the sound inside your ear canal, eliminating ambient noises thus, making sound better. While the Earbud type only gets outside the ear.

Suggestion is to try using Canal type earphones.

Riaz76

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions. I tried both but no improvements. I think it is a seetings inside the phone that i am not getting right.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have another suggestion with the Canal type earphones.

Change another pair of the rubber on the earphones to a bigger size. That makes the sound don't exit your ear canal and gains more bass.

Some earphones comes already with a few set of rubber sizes that you can choose from.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Things that affect sound quality; your phone, your headphones/earphones and the most importantly the quality of the song you are playing. Mobile phones dont usually have good sound. The earphones that came with Lumias don't sound good but you can still do something about it, download higher quality songs and your phone will eventually sound better. If you have cash to spare you can get higher sound quality earphones for cheap, I suggest the cheapest sennheiser earphones as they sound really good.
Please note: Dolby Surround doesn't make the sound quality better, it only adds artificial effects. And I also noticed that older Nokia phones have better sound than the new Lumia phones

Riaz76

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. You are right. My old Nokia N8 has the best sound I ever heard in any mobile. Very loud, bass treble and so on. Lumia 1320 very low volume and Im still struggling with the sound. I have tried wireless nokia earphones, high quality nokia ear phone and still nothing. I think I better sell my 7 days nokia lumia 1320 for a better one. I think im gonna shift to Samsung Android. Nokia has deceived me. I have never use any make except nokia since 1999. Microsoft seems to demolish Nokia. :(

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Sound quality is what Microsoft should focus their attention first cause users are listening to their phones more than anything. Anyway, if sound quality is you are after xperia lineup sounds really good I use z4 myself, I used to own s6 sound quality wise they sound just like my 1020 or probably a bit better. If you really want to step up the game you can buy headphone dac/amp lumia phones should work because they now support otg, but I don't think you'll even bother but its nice to let you know.

Last edited:

Murali Krishnan5

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
No way to improve... Because it's the nature of windows phones. Microsoft focuses only on camera, continuum,UI not on MUSIC 🎶. It's our fate... Even though many users & fans requested louder from Amber OS, Black, cyan... Still they can't hear our cries...

Srikanthwc

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I have Lumia 1320. It sounds far better than any phone I've tested with my Panasonic TCM 125 as headset and SONY XB450 AP headset.

What you do is, you use TCM 125 headset, turn on dolby in Audio>Enhancement and set Equalizer in the form of V shape. Reduce 150Hz to zero.
50Hz is your bass, 3500 and 7000 are your treble.

Now enjoy world's best sound better than any Samsung and HTC or Apple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6