Why is my lockscreen picture blurry? (WP 8.1)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why is my lockscreen picture blurry? (WP 8.1)

i set a beautiful and sharp looking picture as my lockscreen picture. when i compare the lockscreen to the original picture, the lockscreen is blurry and less colorful.

why is that?

Lumia 930

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: why is my lockscreen picture blurry? (WP 8.1)

The lock screen image will always be a bit darker than the original image, presumably because it is meant to be a background instead of a foreground feature. But "blurry and less colorful" shouldn't be the case.

You may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread and provide additional information.

Michael1409

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

screenshot original.jpg

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

What do you say? In my opinion it looks ugly in compare to the orginal
And its every picture i try to use as my lockscreen :(

I'd stick to my original response, that the background image in the lock screen will always be a bit darker than the original image itself. Also, since it is a lock screen background image, the resolution of the background image wouldn't be the same with the original image (similar to taking a screenshot of an high-resolution image - the screenshot will follow the resolution of the screen, not the high-res image). The combination of these two (dimmer, less res) make the lock screen background image different.

But to my eyes it is not blurry at all.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Indeed a picture used for the lock screen will loose resolution and "color". To "compensate" I played around with a photo edit program (made it more saturated I think) before I used it for the lock screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3