Is there a way to stop an app like Pocket cast from using mobile data completely?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

is there a way to stop an app like pocket cast from using mobile data completely

On windows phone 8.1 I'd like to stop just pocket cast from using my mobile data, it does not have an in app option for this.

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: is there a way to stop an app like pocket cast from using mobile data completely

If the app does not provide explicit control, you are out of luck - the OS cannot block any specific app from using mobile data.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: is there a way to stop an app like pocket cast from using mobile data completely

There is. You add mobile data and WiFi to the quick actions, then switch when you need to. Also block background data use by the app. That way, no mobile data is ever used until you allow it, because the app can only use data whilst actually launched and before launch you choose your data option. This is how I run.

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site

There is. You add mobile data and WiFi to the quick actions, then switch when you need to. Also block background data use by the app. That way, no mobile data is ever used until you allow it, because the app can only use data whilst actually launched and before launch you choose your data option. This is how I run.

That is a nice workaround. However, blocking the background agent means even on wi-fi, the app won't be able to run on background, which could affect how the app works. In this case though, this should be fine - which is all that matters anyway. So Kudos!
Still, it would be nice if Data Sense is able to block individual apps from using mobile data the same way Battery sense can block apps from running in the background.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I can see such a feature being useful for some, but I can't let go of the feeling that I want to explicitly instruct the device every time it wants to spend my money. I do not want to rely on any automatic process for this. I like to decide when I spend on a case by case basis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)