Pictures deleted off Picture app remain on SD card.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Has anyone else noticed that when you delete pictures from your picture app and then dock your phone to your computer, all your pictures are still there? I don't know if it is my card or my build (.218) but I do not like it at all.

Freaked me out when I saw all the NSFW pictures that I thought I had deleted from my phone, loading on my computer when I connected my Lumia 950XL.

Can someone do a quick check for me, please.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Use the Files app instead, to delete those photos.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

And a word of advice: if you're freaked out by inadvertently seeing NSFW photos in your device or storage card (which you presumably placed there in the first place), then don't place those kinds of photos in your device.

jbestman

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Why use a file manager to delete a file from a picture app? That seems like a lot of trouble. If one cannot delete from the app, that is a problem that should be fixed.

Do not assume the user is downloading the pictures. A lot of apps, like WhatsApp, automatically download the pictures once they are sent to you.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Why use a file manager to delete a file from a picture app? That seems like a lot of trouble. If one cannot delete from the app, that is a problem that should be fixed.

Do not assume the user is downloading the pictures. A lot of apps, like WhatsApp, automatically download the pictures once they are sent to you.

I didn't assume; I presumed.

That's the solution I'm proposing in the meantime; it's better than staring at the bug doing nothing (or whining about it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12