Restoring Messages from both Whatsapp and Messaging APP

kheldar31

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello, yesterday I dropped my Lumia 920 on the floor and its screen died. The phone works, I can connect it to my pc using a usb cable. I already made a backup of my photos and other stuff I have access to. Now I want to backup my whatsapp messages and text messages and restore them on the phone I'll buy. I don't want to get it fixed because it was already too old and I'm planning on buying another model. Is this even possible ? Thanks!

Edit : I'm pretty sure I made a backup of my whatsapp messages through the APP

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello, yesterday I dropped my Lumia 920 on the floor and its screen died. The phone works, I can connect it to my pc using a usb cable. I already made a backup of my photos and other stuff I have access to. Now I want to backup my whatsapp messages and text messages and restore them on the phone I'll buy. I don't want to get it fixed because it was already too old and I'm planning on buying another model. Is this even possible ? Thanks!

Edit : I'm pretty sure I made a backup of my whatsapp messages through the APP

Whatsapp backup is daily automatic planned on sd card when availabe. SMS messages are backupped on OneDrive if sync backup was properly set. So you'll find them on new phone in one day or two after logging in.
Whatsapp needs sd card restore during a new install for old chats

kheldar31

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I had set up OneDrive sync but I'm not planning on returning back to WP. Is there a way still to restore those messages to a text file perhaps? Also my phone doesn't have an external SD card but I'm pretty sure I left Whatsapp's automatic backup feature on. Is there a way to recover them through the internal memory?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3