Whatsapp is laggy on windows phone 8.1

ksrw395

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi, recently my whatsapp has became very "laggy" and sticks on me sometimes. These are my problems:
Firstly, the typing is very laggy (only in whatsapp this happens).
Secondly, when I press send, there's like a one second delay before the messages send.
Thirdly if I click to view a picture or a person's profile, the app sticks on me when I want to go back. I have to close it then reopen it.
My version is 2.16.64
Note, only whatsapp is laggy in my phone (lumia 1020) and I have about 10Gb free storage space
I also sent this to whatsapp support team, but im just curious of anyone else has this problem or knows of a solution
Thanks

Ok update:
I went through my chats and emailed those which seemed important to me, then i cleared the messages from all my chats. This improved the performance of whatsapp by a huge amount. Everything works snappy as it should. So backing up your chats and clearing the chats should work if you have a similar problem.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, recently my whatsapp has became very "laggy" and sticks on me sometimes. These are my problems:
Firstly, the typing is very laggy (only in whatsapp this happens).
Secondly, when I press send, there's like a one second delay before the messages send.
Thirdly if I click to view a picture or a person's profile, the app sticks on me when I want to go back. I have to close it then reopen it.
My version is 2.16.64
Note, only whatsapp is laggy in my phone (lumia 1020) and I have about 10Gb free storage space
I also sent this to whatsapp support team, but im just curious of anyone else has this problem or knows of a solution
Thanks

Ok update:
I went through my chats and emailed those which seemed important to me, then i cleared the messages from all my chats. This improved the performance of whatsapp by a huge amount. Everything works snappy as it should. So backing up your chats and clearing the chats should work if you have a similar problem.

or uninstall and install back

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234