Application that runs on a PC and is able to send SMSes without using the internet?

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for an application, that runs on an Windows 7 PC, which can transmit the SMSes, written using the computer keyboard, to an Windows 8.1 Phone and further to another mobile phone. I do not need a solution that involves, in a way or another, the use of the internet.

For the time being I have a working solution but it is a bit complicated:
1) I write the message in MS Word and save the SMS as a *.txt file.
2) I connect my Windows 8.1 Phone, using its USB cable or by Direct Wi-Fi, to the PC and transfer the txt file in a folder belonging to the mobile phone.
3) I open the txt file, copy the SMS and paste it in the window where messages are usually written.
4) I send the SMS.

I am looking for something simple that does not involve so many steps.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for an application, that runs on an Windows 7 PC, which can transmit the SMSes, written using the computer keyboard, to an Windows 8.1 Phone and further to another mobile phone. I do not need a solution that involves, in a way or another, the use of the internet.

2) I connect my Windows 8.1 Phone, using its USB cable or by Direct Wi-Fi, to the PC and transfer the txt file in a folder belonging to the mobile phone.
3) I open the txt file, copy the SMS and paste it in the window where messages are usually written.
4) I send the SMS.

I am sorry, I am not that great with windows 7.
but, I was wondering, if you have wifi, why don't you directly mail it to yourself?
that way it will be easier for you I guess. just have to open the mail and copy it. no need for a word file or anything.
and even if you had an app, you would have needed internet. so why not just mail it to yourself? ;)

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Tell me, please, how I can send an email to myself from my PC, if no internet connection is available, and then open that email using my smartphone.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Tell me, please, how I can send an email to myself from my PC, if no internet connection is available, and then open that email using my smartphone.

did you mean wifi, but without internet or "limited connection"?
if yes, then I am sorry, you cannot do it.
you need to have internet connection.
and having wifi without internet connection is basically useless, except for files transfer apps like shareit and all. but you have windows 7. so you cannot have that either.

I am afraid, without internet, you have only one way of transferring your files. and that's how you already do it.

what I do is I have installed apps like telegram messenger on my laptop as well phone, with two different accounts. so whenever I wanna transfer files/ text, I copy it open the app, paste it there and send.

but again, that is because of windows 10 and its basic universal background.

I hope I was able to make things clearer. :)

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There is an application called Easy Transfer that makes possible Direct Wi-Fi file transfer between a Win 7 PC and a Win 8.1 Phone. This is what I use.

Why do I use MS Word? Because the original text I want to sent as an SMS can be something like this:

[276 characters - too long]

A shorter version can be:
I am looking for an app, for an Win 7 PC, that sends SMSes (written using the PC keyboard) to an Win 8.1 Phone and further to another phone. I don’t need a solution involving the use of internet.
[195 characters - still above the limit]

Using two MS Word commands I capitalize all letters, delete the spaces between words and finally get a message just the right size.
IAmLookingForAnApp,ForAnWin7PC,ThatSendsSmses(WrittenUsingThePCKeyboard)ToAnWin8.1PhoneAndFurtherToAnotherPhone.IDon’tNeedASolutionInvolvingTheUseOfInternet.
[157 characters - just below the maximum possible length]

The text is not so easy to read but at 0.35$/sent SMS (and 0.25$/received SMS) a compact, carefully formulated, message like the one above can save some money.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
There is an application called Easy Transfer that makes possible Direct Wi-Fi file transfer between a Win 7 PC and a Win 8.1 Phone. This is what I use.

Why do I use MS Word? Because the original text I want to sent as an SMS can be something like this:

[276 characters - too long]

A shorter version can be:
I am looking for an app, for an Win 7 PC, that sends SMSes (written using the PC keyboard) to an Win 8.1 Phone and further to another phone. I don’t need a solution involving the use of internet.
[195 characters - still above the limit]

Using two MS Word commands I capitalize all letters, delete the spaces between words and finally get a message just the right size.
IAmLookingForAnApp,ForAnWin7PC,ThatSendsSmses(WrittenUsingThePCKeyboard)ToAnWin8.1PhoneAndFurtherToAnotherPhone.IDon’tNeedASolutionInvolvingTheUseOfInternet.
[157 characters - just below the maximum possible length]

The text is not so easy to read but at 0.35$/sent SMS (and 0.25$/received SMS) a compact, carefully formulated, message like the one above can save some money.

I totally get it. I do that myself when I am low on balance. haha. but what you wanted, an easy way to transfer that is, is not there. at least not that I know of.
so I guess your current method is the best one you can have. :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

4) I send the SMS.

your aim is to use the pc to mak etyping easier or something else?

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
your aim is to use the pc to mak etyping easier or something else?

not really... he wants a way to type it on laptop and send it to the phone. yes, the basic reason behind this would be the ease of typing. your suggestion of project my screen is actually a very very good idea indeed. but again, like you, not sure if the keyboard will work.

wish he had continuum. :p would have been really easy.

but anyway, sir simplex, I would want you to check what chintan sir said above. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99