worm detected

Pavan Kumar41

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi friends...
Myself Pavan.

And now am going to tell you something.. Hope someone will be suffered a problem like file suddenly disappeared from your sd card. Yes suppose if you are noticed this problem now there is a solution.

Basically am a windows phone user. Model is Nokia Lumia 630 DS.

Apologise me if it is already posted.

Worm Name: Salirut
Format: PCL
Causes: Hides files in the sd card.

Prevention:

Scan your sdcard separately by connecting to a PC with latest version AV softwares.

Thank you for reading. 😊👏

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
This bug is not isolated to Windows Phone, it's a genericish malware - I have seen this behaviour on Windows XP, 7, 8. Once a machine is infected, it spreads to usb and external hard drives.

So you must isolate the PC off the network and The only way to remove this is to run a full system scan (with the msd card plugged in) with HijackThis (now discontinued) Trend Micro Housecall, HitMan Cloud scanner and malwarebytes along with a rootkit scanning tool <- all of these. It may sound over the top but that is the only way to make sure you get all traces. Also I'd recommend a clean install as sometimes it buries it self in the system driver repository along with all system restore points. I found that out after creating a slipstreamed XP disk for a SATA based install. I had to use a custom XP install running off a USB external hdd to get rid of it.

In regards to the phone, once you have cleaned the PC - make sure hard reset first and reflash the phone with WDRT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon