Advice please/Can I still upgrade from windows 8 to 8.1 ???

motormadmarc

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
Hi all.

I was just wondering If somebody could please give me some advice. Basically, I have an asus desktop pc, that when It was purchased brand new about 2 1/2 years ago It came with windows 8 pre Installed. After a few months of running on windows 8 I then decided to upgrade to windows 10 after numerous prompts.
To cut a long story short, my pc has recently crashed after finally being able to Install the windows 10 creative update. (ruined my pc) All I kept getting was a black or blue screen and nothing I did would fix the problem.

My pc has now been returned to me after being sent off for repair and It Is now running perfectly, The operating system Is however once again windows 8. I would now like to upgrade to windows 8.1 so that I can continue to get the security updates from microsoft for the next few years.

My question Is, can I still get a free upgrade to windows 8.1 from windows 8, and If I can, could somebody please send me a direct link to this free genuine download. I have already looked on the microsoft store but I dont really understand what I'm looking at, and therefore unwilling to click on any downloads.

Any other Info about this query will also be greatly appreciated even If I cannot upgrade for free to windows 8.1

There Is one thing for sure though, I will never used windows 10 again, ever.

Atb,

Marc.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's free now. If still available the option should pop up when you open the store app on your device

motormadmarc

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the Info and swift reply ven07. Have you got a direct link to the store, just so I know that I'm In the proper genuine store, thanks :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3