What should I do?

chunsonnn

Oct 26, 2018
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just wanted my fellow forum members' opinions on this.

Basically my situation is this:

I own three WP7 devices. Now of course, our WP7 devices won't receive Apollo. Now when I bought my first WP device, I was aware that this might happen, and unfortunately it has. Despite this, I still want a WP8 device From the beginning, I had planned to use a WP7 device to hold me over until Apollo, then later I would sell it once Apollo devices were out.

Except:

Since I am on Straight Talk, only my Dell Venue Pro can received MMS messages without any hassle since I can edit MMS settings in some sort of diagnostic menu. My HTC Titan can receive MMS if I use the Connection Setup app and set it to Consumer Cellular, but then Live services (like Bing and FB/WLM chat) will no longer work. My HTC Titan II cannot receive MMS at all because the Connection Setup app doesn't work for it, and while HTC is aware of the problem, they have no idea what they're going to do about it yet.
I knew the device would depreciate, but not by that much. I think I paid around $350 for a used, excellent condition HTC Titan in January, but now, it's worth maybe $200, and it'll probably only get worse.

I'm sorry, but I really want MMS, and I'm afraid by the time fall/winter comes around, the total value of all three WP devices I own may not even equal the retail price of a brand new unlocked WP8 device. So I'm actually considering selling all my WP devices and getting a used mid-range Android phone, iPhone 4, or maybe a higher-end dumbphone that I can keep as a backup in the future. The upside is I won't lose all my money, and I will get MMS. The downside is I don't really like Android (ICS and JB might be okay, but I'll probably have to do that rooting/hacking stuff since the phones that I would be looking at don't have it yet), the iPhone screen is way too small, and with the dumbphone... I'd have to live without Facebook, GasBuddy, WPCentral, and whatever else I normally use. Either that, or deal with a ridiculously slow web browser.

The alternative would probably be to sell off the HTC's now, and just stick with the DVP since it isn't even worth much now ($100-125), and it probably won't lose as much value as the HTC's would. Only problem is that was my first WP and I didn't quite like it because I hate the PenTile screen, the battery life isn't as good as the Titan/Titan II, the camera kind of sucks, and the call quality doesn't seem to be as consistent as the Titan II.

Sorry for being so long-winded, but anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thank
Cristiano

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss