Man that Galaxy Nexus really tempts me...

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
720p screen, great camera, new and improved android and a lot of other things, I have the GS2 and its great so I the GN must be fantastic! Now as for WP7, I want the sea ray but the specs just aren't up to par as far as screen res and more importantly it seems like WP7 has to keep catching up, while WP just got video chat, android is improving theirs, while WP just got Multitasking, Android is improving it, catch my drift? If Nokia doesn't impress at Nokia World I may go with the GN, especially since it will have ATT Bands. It sucks cause I really love the WP OS,

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus is a nice phone. I am happy with my current Nokia N8 and with my HTC Trophy. I would like to upgrade my N8 to a WP7 phone from Nokia as long as the specs are good. So I have no problem waiting right now.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how accurate this is, but I read that the gpu in the galaxy nexus wasn't as good as the one in the galaxy s2. Either way I'm going to play with it when it hits the store. I'm not going to buy buy I like to stay on top of the new phones.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how accurate this is, but I read that the gpu in the galaxy nexus wasn't as good as the one in the galaxy s2. Either way I'm going to play with it when it hits the store. I'm not going to buy buy I like to stay on top of the new phones.

I can see that being true but it wont be some major difference tbh.

My main thing is that 720p screen....just wow! Another thing is that it comes in a 32gb version, I like to have a lot of music and stuff on my phone and 16gb is just not enough for me , which is the highest WP's go up to now.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm not buying an android phone, ever. Specs dont make a device. More than happy with my WP7, its STILL snappy, lag-free and as for HD screens, tri-cores and what not? android is still catching up in UI responsiveness so you can keep them. Give me my Halo ATLAS and Xbox Companion app (both exclusive to WP7) while the you're stuck watching your apps force close on your HD screen.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not buying an android phone, ever. Specs dont make a device. More than happy with my WP7, its STILL snappy, lag-free and as for HD screens, tri-cores and what not? android is still catching up in UI responsiveness so you can keep them. Give me my Halo ATLAS and Xbox Companion app (both exclusive to WP7) while the you're stuck watching your apps force close on your HD screen.

Meh you sound like a typical ******, since I am not I can view things with a neutral view. My GS2 runs super smooth and I have had 0 lag since I got it. I'd take an HD screen anyday over a sub HD one, I could care less about anything halo related and I am a PS3 gamer, and very few of my Apps force close. All 3 OS have problems, youd be stupid to think not.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was reading some of the comment on androidcentral that they see the Galaxy Nexus is a lower spec'd GS2 with ICS. It looks like a nice phone though. I like the curved look. But I'm with WP7 due to the OS. I'd try one of those new Android media players though.

I recently played with a GS2, sprint version. And it's a nice phone.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Meh you sound like a typical ******, since I am not I can view things with a neutral view. My GS2 runs super smooth and I have had 0 lag since I got it. I'd take an HD screen anyday over a sub HD one, I could care less about anything halo related and I am a PS3 gamer, and very few of my Apps force close. All 3 OS have problems, youd be stupid to think not.

I am a ******, yet I can still have a civil conversation with others with different opinions and not call them stupid. The technical advancements dont change the fact that android lags, been mentioned many times by users and reviewers alike. And just as Halo and Xbox connectivity means nothing to you, so does having a high res screen running on an unoptimised OS rank lowest on my priorities among smartphone features.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I really like my phone, but I read about stuff like the galaxy nexus and I'm tempted to try to get one. The iphone 4S really tempts me. But then I think about what I use a phone for and how well my trophy works and I step away from the ledge. As for as android lag I've never played with a galaxy s2, but I have played with all of the verizon androids and even though they have come a long way they are still not as smooth as WP7 or the iphone. I think a nexus would probably be faster since it doesn't have a skin on it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The curved body was much sexier in the teaser pictures. All the video clips I have seen of hands on, I can barely tell its curved. The Verizon version will not be as slim either and probably hurt the styling as well.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I am a ******, yet I can still have a civil conversation with others with different opinions and not call them stupid. The technical advancements dont change the fact that android lags, been mentioned many times by users and reviewers alike. And just as Halo and Xbox connectivity means nothing to you, so does having a high res screen running on an unoptimised OS rank lowest on my priorities among smartphone features.

I didnt call you stupid, I said youd be stupid to think that any of the OS dont have problems, unless you do think that of course. Anyway as you said it IS all preferences and opinions therefore the whole logic of being a ****** is not only ridiculous but stupid as well, what benefit do I get from being loyal to MS/Apple\Google? Nothing. They dont really care, they want my money and I will give my money to the best one, not who I think is "cooler" or because of some wierd loyalty.

Anyway I love the GN hardware and ICS looks good but I prefer WP UI but hardware is not on par and WP dosnt seem to be catching on greatly either. Decisions...

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Yeah android has ruined the whole "spec craze" for me. Im over it. Wp7 works fine with half the specs so it's cool. Im not going to be one of those members that talks everyone out of supporting the competition but my home is with Windows. They hit all the sweet spots and I haven't an ounce of phone envy, except for a Nokia device, then I'll be good

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah android has ruined the whole "spec craze" for me. Im over it. Wp7 works fine with half the specs so it's cool. Im not going to be one of those members that talks everyone out of supporting the competition but my home is with Windows. They hit all the sweet spots and I haven't an ounce of phone envy, except for a Nokia device, then I'll be good
Yea I can live with the screen res but what bugs me is 16gb only, argh why no 32gb or even 64 like n9, would be amazing!!

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
They dont really care, they want my money and I will give my money to the best one, not who I think is "cooler" or because of some wierd loyalty.

Anyway I love the GN hardware and ICS looks good but I prefer WP UI but hardware is not on par and WP dosnt seem to be catching on greatly either. Decisions...
Putting specs above user experience is just as bad as being a ****** to some company. Yes, the Galaxy Nexus has powerhouse specs, but it remains to be seen how it handles the OS and vice versa. Will it still stutter a lot and crash apps and eat battery? If even one of those holds true, I wouldn't think it'd be worth it and I would definitely consider it wasteful to buy just because it has better specs than upcoming WPs unless it actually provides a feature that's truly necessary or beneficial to your life.

Also, I thought Android could handle expandable memory; what's up with the lack of?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Try this on for size, I think when the first AWS Nokia hits I'll be seriously considering it. Nokia N9 Unboxing & Overview - YouTube

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The most tempting thing is that amazing 720p screen. Plus, the fact that it's a Nexus device is quite nice. . . no bloatware, no ugly resource-hogging skins, etc. My friend has a Nexus S, and it's amazing how much faster stock Android is than the manufacturer/carrier customized varieties.

That said, early impressions say the Galaxy Nexus is still not as snappy and responsive as WP7 is.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I peronally like the direction MS is heading with the Windows Phone, with regards to intigration of Xbox and Windows 8. I think they have made great strides in just under a year and I for one can hold out and support them and see how things play out. They already announced dual core and higher resolution screens coming in the next updates. If my phone runs this smoothly with the specs it has now then why go with Android who has to have dual core to run the way it does?

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I honestly just don't like the Android OS. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" and the UI and interface are just a hassle to use. I mean sure, it's great hardware but you aren't going to be playing Crysis on your cell phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes