WebOS goes open source!!!

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
hmmm, well maybe in another two years WEB OS might be as advanced as WP7 is now? I loved my Palm Pre when it was supported, but recalling too, that I had to patch it, doctor it and uberize it and STILL had to put up with "too many cards", hang ups, slow loading, freezing and rebooting, not to mention toting a spare battery, having three touchstones handy - at work, home and in the jeep - and STILL the battery life was deplorable - no, I think that WP 7 is a much better platform - no frezzes, no reboots, phenomenal memory room, free cloud storage and all - straight out of the box - without me having to do anything except turn it on!

Good luck to the WEB OS community, hope there are some developers willing and able to fan the embers!

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
If clunky, disgusting, buggy android can flourish as open source I can't imagine why WebOS can't do the same if not better with it's multitasking and it's fluid OS design. As long as being open source doesn't stip away the good things from WebOD, maybe this is a good thing.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
MS would be wise to hop on the WebOS bandwagon. Why, you may ask? To ensure that Bing is thoroughly integrated into future builds of the OS. Microsoft doesn't have to give it the full Windows Phone treatment but making Bing the default search/mapping option would be a smooth move to make.

nopre

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I loved my Palm Pre when it was supported, but recalling too, that I had to patch it, doctor it and uberize it and STILL had to put up with "too many cards", hang ups, slow loading, freezing and rebooting, not to mention toting a spare battery, having three touchstones handy - at work, home and in the jeep - and STILL the battery life was deplorable - no, I think that WP 7 is a much better platform - no frezzes, no reboots, phenomenal memory room, free cloud storage and all - straight out of the box - without me having to do anything except turn it on!

Good luck to the WEB OS community, hope there are some developers willing and able to fan the embers!

So true! Even with all the quibbles it is still about the slickest OS available. The perfect phone would fall somewhere between WP and WebOS.

It would be great to have a 3rd screen on WP that would integrate the cards system :cool: Swipe left once for apps, swipe again for cards showing the most often used apps in card view. Swipe up to clear the cards :D Plus have a notification system similar to the WebOS dashboard.

Folks would burn their iphones and android phones ;)

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Folks would burn their iphones and android phones ;)

Burn their iPhones? I dunno if the sheep can hurt steves feelings like that. And it may be in the iTunes license agreement to not deface an apple product. If not they will sue you or charge you to the highest extent of the law. You would wish that you were caught by the feds burning money.

Steve jobs may also come back from the dead next year as the Steve Jobs S. His motto will be iBeBack and then he will seek out his offenders.

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Oh and as for Android users...they would probably look for a way to brag about how over clocking the processor with a custom ROM allows for faster flames, then try to pass it off as a new marketing slogan "only open flames this good come from true open source...the new HTC Inferno with 8 core processor running android latest Operating system: Belgian waffle with ice cream and M&Ms and color sprinkles"

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa