wp7 vs ios5 vs ICS

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
this is going to be an interesting thread, lol. i read this and loved the conclusion... even more so the blogs at the bottom. clearly wp7 is the winner. '

Apple iOS 5 Vs Microsoft WP7 Mango Vs Android IceCream 3.1 [Pics & Video Comparison] | iHack

honestly i think the real winner is different from person to person, clearly. everyone is different so not one device will appeal to all. but the majority of people today want 3 things from a smartphone.
1 - they want it to be reliable, they want it to "just work"
2 - they want it to be easy to use, for those of us who arent tech junkies
3 - they want to be able to use it for more than making calls, nav, pictures, music, web browsing, ect... ( apps )
that being said, wp7 wins for me... i love zune, it is way better than itunes. i love the look and feel of the metro UI. the OS is super smooth and doesnt lag. and it s works well with my microsoft eco system!

edit; is there a way to ad a poll this thread after being posted? any help wee bear?

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
iOS5 is actually kinda nice although you can tell they borrowed some ideas. Your points are pretty much right on too. When it comes to an intuitive non text based display of packed information WP7 wins. You can argue all day long on features though. I don't understand why they are comparing ICS though since most devices will probably never see it.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a such bad experience on GS and as a whole dislike the Samsung's great hw and second rate plastic slap thing they have going. I'm also over of the widget home screen that i thought to be a must some years ago.
iOS, honestly i don't have too much bad to say. For a phone i want something different. WP7 i think is extremely smooth and seems to keep the speed even after months of use and plenty of apps installed, something i could have not said about Android, In general big fan of the Metro UI.

What WP7 still just needs for me to close the deal is big enough app/software base that justifies the closed ecosystem approach similar to iOS. Second one is the kind of a true flagship with some feature clearly above others, some serious umph inside that lets you play 1080 videos via HDMI out, Nokia's high end camera etc. Happy Lumia 800 owner but definitely waiting for second half of this year for W8 tablets and Apollo.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine as well, and I might be a little biased too, and apologies to you for spelling Favourite my way DizzyMaker. (My head is hanging in shame)

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Unless the trolls show up in force, the winner here will be WP7. The same poll on Android Central will likely yield different results.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Unless the trolls show up in force, the winner here will be WP7. The same poll on Android Central will likely yield different results.

lol i knda expected that, hahahabut i think there might be a few trolls roaming around here somewhere... maybe in a nearby thread

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
lol i knda expected that, hahahabut i think there might be a few trolls roaming around here somewhere... maybe in a nearby thread

There are quite a few trolls around WP7 websites. Actually, since Windows Phones was first announced that it seems that some people have nothing better to do than go around and spread bull**** about WP.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually that article was awful. "Mango fixes obtrusive notifications?" "MS revealed 10 of the 200 features?" Wow.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium