Facebook app?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Which OS has the best native Facebook app in terms of usability, ease of finding stuff and general navigation? Windows Phone, iOS or Android?

davep1982

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
None of those. Its been my experience that the Facebook app on mobile platforms has been horrible at best. Persistent notifications, erratic pop ups, and generally very very slow. Better off using the mobile website.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Even when i had android, i resorted to using the browser to get full functionality and speed unmatched by any app. I only use apps (People Hub included) when i just want to quickly browse posts or check in.

xpxp2002

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with both of the above posts. Never understood the appeal/obsession with apps on mobile devices. Most services' websites just work better, and more consistently. The Windows Phone Twitter app may be the worst single experience any person could possibly have on a smartphone. The website is still broken as of this afternoon (9 days after it was supposedly "fixed"). The Facebook app is better, but still lacking like options for comments on posts and limited event functionality. But the app still lags and there's no way to turn off the resource-intensive parts of the app, like the scroll picture marquee on top. It looks cool, but I'd rather have a fast and functional app, than one that looks nice and takes 45 seconds just to fully load.

Mengels7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Which OS has the best native Facebook app in terms of usability, ease of finding stuff and general navigation? Windows Phone, iOS or Android?

I've no experience with the Android app, but the iOS one blows away the Windows Phone app. With the Windows Phone solution you're going to be using the people app to check your news feed, the pictures app to browse photos, the Facebook app to browse the photos that don't actually show up in the pictures app, and the Facebook website for everything those two fail to do.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The iOS app is much better than the WinPhone version. Much more usable and is faster. The UX can definately be better on WinPhone. But I do love the quick posts and picture posts WinPhone offers in the native OS.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i dont even have the fb app installed, though the last update was pretty impressive. People hub and me tile do everything I need.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The iOS app is much better than the WinPhone version. Much more usable and is faster. The UX can definately be better on WinPhone. But I do love the quick posts and picture posts WinPhone offers in the native OS.

Actually, I like WP7 APP interface much better than IOS. I find myself having to click alot of locations to be certain place in the app. And I hate having the comments split in middle of my screen when I just want to click LIKE. WP7 made it simple. Just MHO....

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Point your browser to touch.facebook.com from your windows phone and you have an experience more like ios

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Overall... it might be the BlackBerry app (although not mentioned in your post). I say overall because it functions well and has the best, unrivaled push notifications!

Minus the notifications, iOS is king.

xpxp2002

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Maybe exaggerating just a bit? I never understood why it got so much flack. Works fine for what I need it to do.
There are two reasons I give it flack:
  1. All of the data retrieval is tied up in the UI thread which makes the app incredibly slow, even when displaying cached data.
  2. The API implementation is broken, as some screens never work and simply throw a "rate limit exceeded" error, even when your API calls are well under limit.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I use the Facebook app for the push notifications and messaging. Works well for me. Everything else, I use integration for.

:)

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, in People Hub, click any picture of your friends post, click the three dots, then "add and view tag"

Is there a way to tag a person when you are checking in ?

Sent via Lumia 900 using Board Express

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing I found you can't do on either, is like an individual reply to a post. You can however, do this at m.facebook.com in IE.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss