Ditched Lumia 900 for a Galaxy Nexus after WP8 Announcement

danygandhi

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Here are my impressions of Galaxy Nexus after a one Month use.

Things i like...

1. Better Yahoo mail support (server search)
2. Media controls available on lock screen just like WP7
3. Notification center is awesome(media controls, weather, email previews,deep app linking thru notifications)
4. Got Jelly Bean update 15 days after announcement.
5. More frequent app updates, on parity with ios.
6. Google Now is very useful and available from lock screen.
7. More feature rich music apps (Songza, spotify with free radio(pandora) like option, slacker radio app that works)
8. Better Skype app which actually runs in the background
9. Nokia Purity in-ear headset works with galaxy nexus, volume control button works as skip button on all audio apps.
10. zynga games!!!, i can go back and forth between ipad and galaxy nexus and the games are always in sync.

Things i miss from wp7

1. Pinnable email folders.
2. Deep app linking.

I still use the lumia 900 for daily alarm and listening to music for its loud speaker. I check it everyday to see if it has any app updates and plug it into zune and check for Tango update only to be disappointed.

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok..... awks. your point to come here anymore then is what exactly

and the tango update already came.

dude if your gonna post negative stuff. you problem

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
AndroidCentral is right around the corner. You'll come crawling back after WP8 is released and your GN is bricking and going crazy.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Good for you trying out another ecosystem. It is all about choice and the only way to be informed is to give a fair shot to a couple different platforms. Plus competition is good for everybody in the long run.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I might crawl back, but it will not be a spontaneous decision like Lumia 900 after what Microsoft did with the update situation.
dude. you're still complaing?. that is in the past now. MS stated it will never happen again for me a big while. MS most likely will give a warning about that.

go back to androidcentral if you don't mind please. we already got over complainers already. we're not dragging it up again.and you're not starting it again :mad:

Last edited:

danygandhi

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
dude. you're still complaing?. that is in the past now. MS stated it will never happen again for me a big while. MS most likely will give a warning about that.

go back to androidcentral if you don't mind please. we already got over complainers already. we're not dragging it up again. with you starting it again
I gave my samsung focus to my girl friend who was previously using a symbian phone, she owns a ipod touch and ipad and she is very impressed by samsung focus. I am planning to give my Lumia 900 to my sister. I already spent around 800$ on phones this year by buying Nokia Lumia 900 with no commitment fee and Galaxy Nexus unloacked. so i will not be buying a phone atleast for 1 more year. And i guess by then the app ecosystem for WP8 will be great and may be i can score a free phone on a new 2 year contract.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I might crawl back, but it will not be a spontaneous decision like Lumia 900 after what Microsoft did with the update situation.

Whenever I buy a smartphone, I buy it for what it does now, now for what might or might not be coming.

I purchased my Nokia Lumia 900 the first day it was available in my carrier's shop. I have no complaints about its current features. Beside, I got it for free after receiving the rebate from Nokia.

Therefore, I will continue to use it, since I'm happy with it. Any OS updates I get are nice but not necessary.

If there is some killer feature in WP8 that WP7.8 does not offer, I'll be able to easily upgrade by paying full retail for a new device, since I saved money by getting the Nokia Lumia 900 free following rebate.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I buy a smartphone, I buy it for what it does now, now for what might or might not be coming.

I purchased my Nokia Lumia 900 the first day it was available in my carrier's shop. I have no complaints about its current features. Beside, I got it for free after receiving the rebate from Nokia.

Therefore, I will continue to use it, since I'm happy with it. Any OS updates I get are nice but not necessary.

If there is some killer feature in WP8 that WP7.8 does not offer, I'll be able to easily upgrade by paying full retail for a new device, since I saved money by getting the Nokia Lumia 900 free following rebate.
Still surprising people are still complaing. about Wp8. everybody here wants all those complainers OUT!. it's his fault he should of known the risk. not MS's fault. people are so stupid these days. they never look at the future puzzling side.

here's the link for you leaving danygandhi
http://www.androidcentral.com/

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Still surprising people are still complaing. about Wp8. everybody here wants all those complainers OUT!. it's his fault he should of known the risk. not MS's fault. people are so stupid these days. they never look at the future puzzling side.

here's the link for you leaving danygandhi
Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers

So by your logic anyone who thinks WP7/8 isn't perfect is a complainer? Go read through macrumors, androidcentral, droidforums, etc. Each of those forums have people that aren't 100% happy with their phones. Is it so wrong to want more from our WP? You guys are just as bad as the iphone fanboys on some forums. The man gets another phone and you are telling him to leave? Amazing.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So by your logic anyone who thinks WP7/8 isn't perfect is a complainer? Go read through macrumors, androidcentral, droidforums, etc. Each of those forums have people that aren't 100% happy with their phones. Is it so wrong to want more from our WP? You guys are just as bad as the iphone fanboys on some forums. The man gets another phone and you are telling him to leave? Amazing.

I don't think anybody here is happy about their 1st or 2nd Gen device not getting WP8. The point is we have moved on. Or we're trying to. People constantly starting new threads re-opening those old wounds isn't helping. I personally hope the OP thoroughly enjoys their shiny new Nexus. Ultimately phone platform is a personal choice, but buying a device for what it *might* do in the future is silly, and complaining when it doesn't turn out in your favor is childish. For me, my HD7 is wearing thin (the phone, not the OS) and my plan to replace it with an Apollo device in the fall wouldn't change even if it WAS getting WP8 in all its glory. (including multicore OTA :p)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anybody here is happy about their 1st or 2nd Gen device not getting WP8. The point is we have moved on. Or we're trying to. People constantly starting new threads re-opening those old wounds isn't helping. I personally hope the OP thoroughly enjoys their shiny new Nexus. Ultimately phone platform is a personal choice, but buying a device for what it *might* do in the future is silly, and complaining when it doesn't turn out in your favor is childish. For me, my HD7 is wearing thin (the phone, not the OS) and my plan to replace it with an Apollo device in the fall wouldn't change even if it WAS getting WP8 in all its glory. (including multicore OTA :p)

Multicore ota, sign me up! I understand these types of threads get old, but clicking on the the thread isn't required, and I think telling people to leave is a bit extreme. I agree that a phone should be bought on what it does now. The problem I have is that I love WP, but android and ios are capable of things WP doesn't do at this time, but these claims are dismissed as ridiculous and those making these claims should go somewhere else. These forums used to not be like this. I kinda miss the way it used to be around here.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Multicore ota, sign me up! I understand these types of threads get old, but clicking on the the thread isn't required, and I think telling people to leave is a bit extreme. I agree that a phone should be bought on what it does now. The problem I have is that I love WP, but android and ios are capable of things WP doesn't do at this time, but these claims are dismissed as ridiculous and those making these claims should go somewhere else. These forums used to not be like this. I kinda miss the way it used to be around here.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

I agree with you. The OP posted in the proper forum (Other OS's and Devices), which is an appropriate place to discuss Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077