Want to hear your thoughts.

bruceleer0y

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This is my situation, I currently use an HD7, I've owned this device over a year now and at this point my phone is started to perform sluggish. In addition there are times when the screen itself is unresponsive to touch, and finally my battery is starting to lose power more quickly than before.

I understand that I can just replace the battery, however what would you do?

I have an upgrade available to me and T-mobile is my carrier. with WP8 right around the corner, do you think I should stick it out and wait for T-mobile to get an amazing device, or do you think I should consider an Android device?

I was originally an Android user and picked up the HD7 just by chance, not knowing anything about the new OS but i'm so happy I did. I absolutely love it, but honestly I don't have to much of an issue with Android.:dry

What would you do in my situation?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If you have to have a phone right now maybe you could find a used one on craigslist or ebay and then you could see what WP8 is going to offer on TMobile in a month or two.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Now is the wrong time to be buying a phone. With ios6, wp8, etc all on the horizon, its silly buying now. Wait, see which platform best covers your needs and go with thaat.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
My vote is for "BB". Its coming up with OS10. Doesn't that tell u how ahead it is? (iOS - 6, Android - 4, WP - 8)
Give some respect to it. So what if it doesn't have quad - core. So what if it (still) doesn't have a (good) touch screen. So what if it has an archaic messaging service which isn't even free. So what if no one knows what resolution is the display. So what if it houses an unknown processor, and knows jacks#it about multitasking. So what if its fanboys are either suited corporates or aimless teenagers.
BB is BB. And its S#IT. We all know that.
:p

Seriously, just wait.

On a serious note, I don't see the lag going away from Android anytime soon. Even my RaZr lags at times, its dual core and 1.2ghz...
So I'm pretty much done with Android. But im not you...so..I can only suggest. And I suggest wait.

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If you wait, you get your pick from a variety of great choices. Even the Android phones that you are considering now might be a little cheaper by then in order to compete with the iPhone5 launch.

bruceleer0y

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, thank you for all of your responses. I think i'm going to hold off as long as I can. If the phone does die on me, i think i'd just buy a used phone and wait for wp8 :lol:

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd wait,but those galaxy S 3 phones do look nice.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
They look very nice!

Had an S3. Very nice phone, well built, great battery life for an adroid device, great camera and camera features.

In the end, it's still and android where you have to be super careful when downloading apps becuase google gives developer so much access to your phone and you are recommened to get a security app. Ad's galore just about everywhere and even on your home-screen and notification bar with some apps. Yes the S3 has 2GB of memory but that doesn't stop the phone from locking up at least once a week.

I found myself constantly managing my running apps and clearing memory on it. I felt like I was managing my phone to run the way I want it to more than I was actually using it.

Again, in the end... it's still and android no matter how nice the hardware is.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Had an S3. Very nice phone, well built, great battery life for an adroid device, great camera and camera features.

In the end, it's still and android where you have to be super careful when downloading apps becuase google gives developer so much access to your phone and you are recommened to get a security app. Ad's galore just about everywhere and even on your home-screen and notification bar with some apps. Yes the S3 has 2GB of memory but that doesn't stop the phone from locking up at least once a week.

I found myself constantly managing my running apps and clearing memory on it. I felt like I was managing my phone to run the way I want it to more than I was actually using it.

I totally second that...Android is Android.

WP8 here I come....

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What apps was that? I never had any problem with any apps on my galaxy s 2. The access that android devs have = fantastic apps. Much better quality and functionality than a lot of other apps.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes the S3 has 2GB of memory but that doesn't stop the phone from locking up at least once a week.

None of the reviews I've read (AC, Verge, Engadget, Brighthand, Anandtech) have mentioned any traditional Android instability in the S3, or even the HOX for that matter. ICS seems to do a much cleaner job of managing memory resources than prior versions of Android. If you were "constantly managing" your apps and clearing memory on an ICS device with 2GB RAM, you were wasting your time unnecessarily.

Regarding the OP, I'd definitely wait. Two dates are circled on my calendar: 9/5 and 9/12. If both Nokia and Apple fail to impress, I'll likely join the Android sheeple and get an S3. (Although $99 for a HOX on AT&T would be really hard to pass up.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo