Gameloft Games for BB10 Came First...

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Link doesn't work with iPad (safari and puffin).

I just tried the link and it works. Go to www.gameloft.com, the go to the forums.

Gameloft Forum
linktree_side.gif
folder_open.gif
Gameloft Games
linktree_main.gif
linktree_side.gif
folder_open.gif
Other Platforms
linktree_main.gif
linktree_main.gif
linktree_side.gif
folder_open.gif
Promised WP8 Games

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, hasn't it been said that BB10 is made up primarily of Android apps, so maybe it's just super-simple to get these games running on that platform, where as WP8 needs actual recoding?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I was also under the assumption that it's very easy to port Android apps for BB10, this would most likely be the most logical reason, as BB doesnt even have the marketshare advantage to WP anymore, there's no real reason for them to prefer BB over WP at this point, except if one would be easier to develop for. Also, I would figure it's different teams working on the different paltforms rather than having the same people work on both at the same time, but that's just a guess.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I was also under the assumption that it's very easy to port Android apps for BB10, this would most likely be the most logical reason, as BB doesnt even have the marketshare advantage to WP anymore, there's no real reason for them to prefer BB over WP at this point, except if one would be easier to develop for. Also, I would figure it's different teams working on the different paltforms rather than having the same people work on both at the same time, but that's just a guess.

I understand, but I'm still angry.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They said wp8 would be easier to port than 7.5.

Well, I don't even think porting is necessary for BB10. People said a LOT of apps going to the platform are actually Android 2.3 versions of those apps, so there must be some way to get already-made Android apps running on B10, meaning even if Windows Phone 8 is easier for porting than 7.5, BB10 might not even need it.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't even think porting is necessary for BB10. People said a LOT of apps going to the platform are actually Android 2.3 versions of those apps, so there must be some way to get already-made Android apps running on B10, meaning even if Windows Phone 8 is easier for porting than 7.5, BB10 might not even need it.

They are, though they are there just to bolster app numbers. They in looks and usability just horrible, with many apps not having full functionality.
The app situation really is quite far away from WP.

that said it's a shame if the games really are available for BB10 and not WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster