What's the iPhone 5S fingerprint scanner really about?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Ban on Islamic Face Veils Is Attack On Anonymity and Civil Liberties - YouTube

So I was watching this video which is about the ban on Islamic face veils and at around 2.40 she talks about people being body scanned and finger printed at airports and then says about the iPhone 5S fingerprint feature, is this feature really about your phone's security or something else?

EDIT:

So I was doing a bit of digging, and it seems they will be sharing peoples fingerprints with the NSA, I'd be afraid if I was you

http://topinfopost.com/2013/09/25/apple-admits-iphone-5s-fingerprint-database-to-be-shared-with-nsa

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Dude, really? That site you linked is talking about a story from Nationalreport.net, which is a satire site. They got fooled, and so did you. :)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
so you really think its just simply a security feature and you trust them? because I don't

Well, if you're going to be paranoid I have a suggestion. Hook up with someone who works at a mortuary and have them lop off a fingertip from some dead dude and send it to you. Put it on a keychain as a lucky rabbit's foot and you're set. Nobody will ever know it's a "key" for a phone. If someone asks, just say you were real close to your Uncle Mort.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720