MOTO G (I am scared!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No WP phone can compare to a phone with a terrible camera, subpar software and poor optimization? Please, do go on.

I think we need to cut the crap about poor optimization...those days are largely behind android now. and lets not even go there with the poor software...cull out all the ****ty apps in Play store and they still have more quality apps than WP....and first party apps ALWAYS lack on feature parity with WP. ALWAYS.

terrible camera? The Moto G has a FFC which the Skype owning goons at MicroKia can't seem to figure out THAT'S PRETTY FREAKIN IMPORTANT!

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
an answer? no this is a smackdown of epic proportions...the 525 should not rear its head now for over a $100 ANYWHERE. Anything more would look ridiculous.

Well you have a point.. But it has not yet been proved how smooth Kitkat is on low specs well see..

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
it is people who never knew/considered WP who will jump to this. hell it is even for android users who were considering WP that will jump on this. Why do people not get this? It is big frickin news and Microsoft needs an answer like yesterday.

you're spitting a lot of truth.

i just watched the launch video, and when the presenter pulled it out of his pocket i thought 'wow, that looks like a nokia -anything- from >5 feet away'.

so, the colored back panels isn't going to be a 'gee what is that phone?' thing anymore when a few million of these floating around college campuses.

microsoft better step on the gas NOW.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know of any person who owns a Motorola phone at where I am, considering I and some close friends are huge Motorola fans. I probably had every Micro-TAC, StarTAC (I still have one), and my last was the V3688 I bought in Hannover. In my circle, Motorola is dead.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
After the evo, android will never be an option for me no matter what the phone.

Well that's like saying "after dating *insert name*, girls will never be an option for me no matter what". Just because you had a bad date with a girl doesn't mean you should give up dating girls.

That said, WP is not in any danger. MS will adjust prices accordingly.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Well that's like saying "after dating *insert name*, girls will never be an option for me no matter what". Just because you had a bad date doesn't mean you have to give up dating.

That said, WP is not in any danger. MS will adjust prices accordingly.

I hope they do, because budget phones are the ones who drive the market. For every GS4 there are 5 or more budget smartphones in the market. I am relieved that this device will not come out until January though. If available in the Holiday season this would have been a KILLER

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've read reviews for the nexus 5 that describe the phone as still having lag, and not completely smooth screen movement. Despite advancements, android is still android. I know its first by miles in the market, but I think a lot of people are frustrated with sub par performance from android phones.

I bet the Moto g will sell well, but it won't run windows phone out of the store.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Nokia is suppose to be coming out with the 525 which will basically be a spec'd up 520 which would have better specs, but (hopefully) still be $100, so the Moto g shouldn't be a problem. Calm down everyone.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There is a decidedly chicken little mentality here.

People who are shopping purely on price, the 520 is still better, and these people won't care about a front facing camera.

At least here in the US, the data plans are still priced at subsidy prices.. Only hardcore phone geeks will consider paying cash outright for a phone and then paying $50-100 month premium for data.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
they will shop on price, and when they see bigger screen, higher res screen, FFC for just a little money more they will pick it every time.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Once again a competitor does something and a lot of people automatically assume that it means death for Windows Phone. I think a lot of you need to stop being so scared of everything Google or Apple does.

There are plenty of dirt cheap Android phones already out there and the specs aren't exactly high end. I don't think price was holding people back from switching to Android so it's not as if a cheap Android phone is something completely out of the blue.

4.5", 720P screen
1.2 gHz quad core
5 mp camera
8 or 16 GB

*yawn*

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Nokia is suppose to be coming out with the 525 which will basically be a spec'd up 520 which would have better specs, but (hopefully) still be $100, so the Moto g shouldn't be a problem. Calm down everyone.

WP's marketshare is majorly due to 520's sales, Android doesn't need to prove Kitkat's performance etc, it may be still crappy but good enough to pull back some of the WP8 adopters and ppl considering 520/525. WP needs more phones in low end, we only hv 520/620 for now and 525 is coming, compare this with high end, 920,925,1020,1320,1520. Time for Nokia to concentrate on low/med end. 625 wasn't able generate much buzz, 820 as well, only 720 became popular. we need more phone at competitive prices.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Once again a competitor does something and a lot of people automatically assume that it means death for Windows Phone. I think a lot of you need to stop being so scared of everything Google or Apple does.

There are plenty of dirt cheap Android phones already out there and the specs aren't exactly high end. I don't think price was holding people back from switching to Android so it's not as if a cheap Android phone is something completely out of the blue.

4.5", 720P screen
1.2 gHz quad core
5 mp camera
8 or 16 GB

*yawn*

WP is not in a position to be arrogant like this. never underestimate your foe, specially when the foe is powerful as android.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Looking at various stats, even though WP had some significant growth but not at cost of android and Android further has gained lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb