I give up, going back to Android. Any tips on the LG L70 D325?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, like someone else suggested, you can use the profile you've already created here to post in the L70 forum over at Android Central. Seems rather silly to ask for info about a very specific Android device in a Windows Phone forum. It's kind of like going to a BMW 7 series board and asking for advice on a S Class Mercedes. The likelihood that you're going to find anyone who owns and has knowledgeable experience with that brand and model is slim.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I really don't understand if its the OS's fault or the developers!! Can't the developers just create decent apps for WP as they do for Android and iOS?!! What's their problem?

Android is unsafe but open. This means developers are free to develop whatever they want. Look just at the choice of browsers in Android (admittedly a lot of stuff is really unsafe)
Microsoft provides you with its core software on which all Devs develop their idea. This gives birth to countless copies of the same soup. Basically, with WP you don't have the freedom to actually develop as you do with Android. Apart from that i think many devs are restarting or starting now from scratch. Many apps reflect that side too.
Before all this settles it will require a change of strategy from Microsoft and a bunch of very good dedicated developers. It's not going to happen soon. So while some decide to stay because the OS is ok for them, others feel compelled to go even if they like the whole concept.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The 520 is one of the cheapest, rubbish models aimed for poor people and children. It's like buying a Skoda Fabia and then saying all Volkswagens are crap.
I want to say that you sound stupid but I guess you already know that.

Not everyone can afford a high end phone. Calling people "poor" for this just shows how ignorant you are regarding outside world.
I personally bought 520 just to see how WP has evolved since I left it. And I am really in love with this phone. There is nothing poor about it. I'd use this phone rather than overpriced samsung ****.

And about the part where 520 is rubbish, Say that to the share it has in WP market.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Like some others have suggested I would keep your 520. What market are you in? That also has something to do with it. You do understand that 8.1 isn't a completed update yet right? I would go with Samsung or HTC for Andriod, but again you're talking high end for Andriod so if you're going to consider those, you should also consider the 1020, 1520 or even the 930 which would have the completed version of 8.1. I personally feel you'll miss more of the functionality of WP than the lack of apps you'll get back on Andriod. I not even use Instagram..6tag works better. Facebook or the beta work well, but it's the integration with the People hub that I love and would miss. Either way it's up to you. Just remember the grass always seems greener. Whatever choice you make hope you find what you're looking for.

Gustavo Pereira

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm not the type of person who makes high investments in mobiles. I prefer to split the money so I can have a decent phone and a tablet, for example. My phones have always been mid-range and I bought the Lumia 520 which is a low-end precisely because I didn't know the OS and found it safer to start with a low price mobile.
I live in Brazil and the market here is growing fast for WP. However, as in other countries, is still far behind the other OS's. I know that 8.1 is still not an official release, and there many nem features on its way, but really rather go back when things are more established and concrete.
And by the way, I admire those who have Windows Phone for so long. It takes courage to go with an OS that has changed so much in the past few years.

Last edited:

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm not the type of person who makes high investments in mobiles. I prefer to split the money so I can have a decent phone and a tablet, for example. My phones have always mid-range and I bought the Lumia 520 which is a low-end precisely because I didn't the OS and found it safer to start with a low price mobile.
I live in Brazil and the market here is growing fast for WP. However, as in other countries, is still far behind the other OS's. I know that 8.1 is still not an official release, and there many nem features on its way, but really rather go back when things are more established and concrete.
And by the way, I admire those who have Windows Phone for so long. It takes courage to go with an OS that has changed so much in the past few years.

8.1 is official. Especially with the 630 on the market.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
After six months with my Lumia 520 I gave up and I'm analyzing new phones. I cant stand the poorly developed apps and the lack of importance that the WP has in the market. Not to mention the disappointment with 8.1 After reading and comparing prices, I concluded that the LG L70 is one of the best cost-benefits in the market. I never had a LG device, so what can you guys tell me? Camera, design, durability, etc.

Windows Phone apps are not poorly developed - many of them such as 6tag, Readit/Baconit, Mytube/Metrotube, pin.it, are renowned to be the best mobile apps across OSes. Granted, there is a gap in app quantity but not in app quality.

In terms of importance, why is that concerning to you? I use my phone because it does all I need, suits me more than iPhone and Android and I enjoy using it. Its market importance or opinion of others do not concern me.

And why are you disappointed with 8.1?

If you want to look at budget Android though, Moto G and Moto E have had very good reviews.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I admire those who have Windows Phone for so long. It takes courage to go with an OS that has changed so much in the past few years.

Thank you for your kind words. Just give it some time. After one or two years, mark my words, everyone will want a windows phone!!

Gustavo Pereira

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone apps are not poorly developed - many of them such as 6tag, Readit/Baconit, Mytube/Metrotube, pin.it, are renowned to be the best mobile apps across OSes. Granted, there is a gap in app quantity but not in app quality.

In terms of importance, why is that concerning to you? I use my phone because it does all I need, suits me more than iPhone and Android and I enjoy using it. Its market importance or opinion of others do not concern me.

And why are you disappointed with 8.1?

If you want to look at budget Android though, Moto G and Moto E have had very good reviews.

In terms of importance, what worries me the most is that developers dont mind investing time to create and optimize apps. For example, Facebook. It's about time we have an official app, but instead we have one that was poorly developed by Microsoft. Why Facebook does not invest time creating it an official app? We all know the answer.
About 8.1, biggest complaints are battery life, that awful xbox music app and the incompatibility of some applications. I know that a lot can change when the OFFICIAL release comes, but who knows?
Thanks for the tips. Moto G and L70 are my favorites at the moment. I'll decide at the end of the month.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Re battery life, have you tried doing a reset of your phone?

I had bad battery life with my 520 but find it back to normal after resetting my phone and reinstalling my apps from scratch.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
We all know the answer.

What is it? :amaze:

I think there are 2 answers. One is market share and/or total user base. A certain amount is needed for an acceptable ROI. Another reason, which hopefully has been rectified in WP8.1, is access to APIs. In some cases, access is limited to the point that it's impossible to make a properly functioning app.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Android is unsafe but open. This means developers are free to develop whatever they want. Look just at the choice of browsers in Android (admittedly a lot of stuff is really unsafe)
Microsoft provides you with its core software on which all Devs develop their idea. This gives birth to countless copies of the same soup. Basically, with WP you don't have the freedom to actually develop as you do with Android. Apart from that i think many devs are restarting or starting now from scratch. Many apps reflect that side too.
Before all this settles it will require a change of strategy from Microsoft and a bunch of very good dedicated developers. It's not going to happen soon. So while some decide to stay because the OS is ok for them, others feel compelled to go even if they like the whole concept.

Hmm...thanks for your words, but this enlightened my mood though: http://wmpoweruser.com/developer-sings-the-praises-for-windows-phone/

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I tried a friend's 1020 with WP8. Yeah, its fantastic, Nokia as always did a great job. What really bothers is how far behind WP apps are. I mean not only Whatsapp, Facebook or Instagram. There are so many other examples and its a big deal for me. I love everything about WP, but right now i feel like its time for a change. Hopefully i'll be back soon. Again, thanks for the help guys.

Well!
I bet you will be back soon!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
After six months with my Lumia 520 I gave up and I'm analyzing new phones. I cant stand the poorly developed apps and the lack of importance that the WP has in the market. Not to mention the disappointment with 8.1 After reading and comparing prices, I concluded that the LG L70 is one of the best cost-benefits in the market. I never had a LG device, so what can you guys tell me? Camera, design, durability, etc.

You're biggest problem with starting with 520. Its not nearly robust enough to support all you might want to do with a phone. Its smaller and far less functional than a phone like the 920. You could have figured that out before jumping in on the low end of the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo