Microsoft Photos Facial Recognition

Asif Shadab Malick

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Recently on the windows 10 Microsoft Photos app, there was update to "choose a star". Even before that there was an update which brought the Google photos like facial recognition feature, although much less useful. All this sounds cool to me, even if its a long way before it can match Google photos, but the way they are implementing this is very annoying. Google does all the face tagging and location/object/place tagging in the cloud, so you can use their app on any low end device as well. Your performance is only limited by your internet speed. I understand micrisoft does this too. All my pictures in onedrive are tagged by objects and places and any written text the picture contains in the cloud. I can search for, say "cats" in the search field of onedrive from any computer (of course provided I'm signed in with my Microsoft account) and get results including All the pictures I've taken of cats in my neighbourhood usung my 550 and galaxy core (both phones have onedrive camera roll auto upload turned on) . But on my photos app on my laptop, i cant do it. When i clicked I the search bar on the photos app, it said "making your collection searchable". I left the app open and haven't opened any other app fearing it might slow down the process. I have around 50000+ photos so i understand this may take time but it has been 3 FULL DAYS since and still there are 28000 photos left. Ridiculous! !! If this tagging thing was done on the cloud like Google photos or Microsoft's own onedrive, it would have been so much easier and faster. Any idea what i should do? This is taking forever. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss