Need Advice on Apps for Treo 800w

fatyank

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
I am relatively new to WM, having used Palm OS for about 10 years. I am using a Treo 800w. I am looking at some apps to add and would appreciate any input about them. The first is Agendus Pro. I used it for awhile on my 700p, but found it to be very busy (lots of stuff I will never use), but worked well. I mainly need it as a contact manager. Is there a contact manger that will do the same as Agendus without the extras. I also trialed SpB Shell. This is a great app. I am buying it this week. Does in integrate with Agendus or other contact managers? I thank you in advance and it's great to move over to the other side, WM of course!!!!!!

bclinger

Sep 14, 2003
Visit site
I went with Extreme Agenda for my PIM management. In the Today screen area, I use TodayAgenda. With Extreme Agenda I place the entire name (first/last and anything else I want to search for from the today screen on the same line).

What are you wanting to accomplish with the device/use it for, et cetera.

fatyank

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
What I am looking for in contact management

:)Thanks bclinger and topdog. I have installed SpB Mobile shell and really like it. Much faster to move around the device and it looks great. What I am looking for mainly in a contact manager is the ability to set alarm reminders for things like birthdays, anniversaries, business followups (the business part is extremely important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I also need to be able to track phone calls and conversations I have with my business contacts and clients. I can set a reminder in my calendar for birthdays and stuff but the business info and followup reminders is a lot harder to do, especially if you need to link it to one or more contacts. Topdog, how do you use Mobile Shell as a contact manager. I am still learning it and I am sure there is a lot I haven't discovered yet. Thanks for your help. I will look at the apps you have mentioned. :):):)

KitC

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I have a 800w and want to print via bluetooth word documents. I have used Printboy and Jetset Print 5 with no luck. The Treo will pair with the printer but will not print. I have tried loading different drivers so the Treo can read the printer, still with no luck. I also have Vista on my laptop. Can you suggest any program, printer, or both to help us out. We need to print from the Treo at job sites to help our business grow.

bclinger

Sep 14, 2003
Visit site
I have that need also and did a bit of a work around. In the contacts management application, I have the entire name on one line along with anything else I may use to identify the particular entry. With that done, from the today screen, just type in the first name, last name or company name or whatever you have to identify the entry with and it comes up, along with others that match that same criteria.

The method I use specifically means NO entries are in the middle, company, last name, et cetera - all in the first name line. With the number of contacts I have, it still has not been completed, but I no longer have to worry about finding what I am looking for.

I don't really have your needs, I just need a fast way to call a contact or send SMS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12